PDA

View Full Version : I need hedge trimmers that will frighten small children!

Shady Brook
12-20-2004, 06:35 PM
My Redmax hedge trimmers have passed on. I believe they were the 24 cc or close to that variety. I don't have it with me to check, but it was a beast. I want something to replace it that will cut down anything in it's path. I want to be able to use it as a pruning saw if need be. :) Seriously, I don't care what they weigh, I just want a strong unit that will last. I am not looking for an extended reach unit, but may except a mid length model. Please do not say Echo, as I have had several pair, and they are like the little sisters of the poor in comparison to the Redmax. I have easy access to Shidaiwa, Stihl, but some of the other brands could be secured it just will be more hastle if I have a issue requireing a dealer. I am also fearful of the new engines, and have heard some negative remarks about the C4 units. Any suggestions on particular brands, models, and or engine types that will serve me would be great.

Thanks
Jay

out4now
12-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Little Wonder makes a nice unit but it is not designed to be used as a pruning saw, no hedge trimmer is.

all degree
12-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Stihl makes some bigger ones.

locutus
12-20-2004, 06:45 PM
I use Stihl HS45's and if you want them to frighten children, they will, kind of loud IMO.

all degree
12-20-2004, 06:48 PM
I use Stihl HS45's and if you want them to frighten children, they will, kind of loud IMO.

I have them too and they are the low end marketed to home owners that stihl makes.

Shady Brook
12-20-2004, 06:50 PM
out4now

Yeah, I realize they are not designed to be a chainsaw, I was being silly. But seriously, the redmax took down some nice mulberry saplings with ease. I am not sure what the opening size was, but believe it was at least 1 1/4".

On the Stihl, are the 80 series alot stronger then the 45. I thought the 45 was more for light duty kind of home owner, light commercial?

all degree
12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
out4now

Yeah, I realize they are not designed to be a chainsaw, I was being silly. But seriously, the redmax took down some nice mulberry saplings with ease. I am not sure what the opening size was, but believe it was at least 1 1/4".

On the Stihl, are the 80 series alot stronger then the 45. I thought the 45 was more for light duty kind of home owner, light commercial?

80's much stronger and not much more $$ maybe $100

locutus
12-20-2004, 07:01 PM
I have them too and they are the low end marketed to home owners that stihl makes.I know, but isn't it amazing how well they perform in commercial applications? Lots of money made for such a small price. In a word "indestructable".

all degree
12-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I know, but isn't it amazing how well they perform in commercial applications? Lots of money made for such a small price. In a word "indestructable".

Totally agree I bought them b/c they are lighter and I prefer that to bigger and more powerful...in hedge trimmers and women only :cool:

Gmgbo
12-20-2004, 07:22 PM
my stihl scares me :blob3:

riches139
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Just buy a hockey mask! :laugh:

bobbygedd
12-20-2004, 09:08 PM
" i need hedge trimmers that will frighten small children". just buy any set you want, and tape a picture of my mother in law to them :cry: :cry: :cry:

Turfdude
12-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Shadybrook, the mid length little wonder shears out4now spoke of has a redmax power unit, plus asmall removeable section that will make them the same as a LRT. The head also is on a pivot. Very nice machine. I also have 2 pair of Redmax cht2200s that work very well.