PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Winter for the North East?

Petr51488
12-20-2004, 09:17 PM
What is going on with this weather? It's already the end of December and we still haven't seen any snow. Right now with the wind chill it's -8 degrees. In two days its suppose to be 55 degrees. Its been like this for a few months! Still no snow.. am I the only one that can't wait for the snow? I mean, this time last month we had already 2 feet on the ground. Whats going on?!?

N.H.BOY
12-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Up here in N.H. central we just got hit with the most snow this year. 3-4" wow!!! I feel your pain man. I just went out this morning and plowed my route. Last year all we had was around three or four snow storms. More snow please up this way. More time for :drinkup: :drinkup: This thurs. and fri. they say around 30-40 degrees also.

fga
12-20-2004, 09:23 PM
its damn cold for sure. We didn't get that snow, but i was able to salt all my parking lot accounts. even easier money payup
but my truck is covered in white dust and my hose is frozen. :angry:

Petr51488
12-20-2004, 09:26 PM
its damn cold for sure. We didn't get that snow, but i was able to salt all my parking lot accounts. even easier money payup
but my truck is covered in white dust and my hose is frozen. :angry:

It sure is.. We prob wont get any snow till at least the second week of January the way things are going now.

nitrotim
12-20-2004, 09:39 PM
It sure is.. We prob wont get any snow till at least the second week of January the way things are going now.

Don't worry the way things are going for me you will have plnety of snow to plow. I signed a contract to have a pole barn built and the company called me today and told me because of the weather they won't be delivering my materials until FEB 28th. and start contruction until the next day. So with my luck I'm sure we will have plenty of snow and I won't get my building up until June.

Petr51488
12-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Don't worry the way things are going for me you will have plnety of snow to plow. I signed a contract to have a pole barn built and the company called me today and told me because of the weather they won't be delivering my materials until FEB 28th. and start contruction until the next day. So with my luck I'm sure we will have plenty of snow and I won't get my building up until June.

I sure hope so.. Maybe i should leave the snowblower under the blanket for a while.

promower
12-20-2004, 09:53 PM
No snow here either, I bought a new used truck and plow with a brand new spreader and I havent even got to test it out yet. :(

Lawnchoice
12-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Up here in N.H. central we just got hit with the most snow this year. 3-4" wow!!! I feel your pain man. I just went out this morning and plowed my route. Last year all we had was around three or four snow storms. More snow please up this way. More time for :drinkup: :drinkup: This thurs. and fri. they say around 30-40 degrees also.

2 inches of light snow with thick ice underneath. A nice storm to service actually.

Let's hope we all get a nice holiday present of at least 20 plowable storms for the 2004-2005 season !

out4now
12-20-2004, 11:44 PM
No snow here either, I bought a new used truck and plow with a brand new spreader and I havent even got to test it out yet. :(

Wouldn't worry too much, it will be there soon enough I'm sure.

RICHIE K
12-22-2004, 06:08 AM
petr51488 what part of jersey are u from

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

Rtom45
12-22-2004, 07:22 AM
If you guys like snow so much, move here to Erie. The Lake effect dropped about 20 inches here last week, mostly Sunday night thru Tuesday morning. The guys on the grounds crew were getting lots of OT.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I'll pass on that lake snow infact I hope we do not get any I hate the stuff and the less we get the sooner spring clean ups and cuts begin. I make more in 3 days of spring clean ups then I did all last winter wasting my time with snow so I am sitting back this year no snow for me.

rob1325
12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
I'll pass on that lake snow infact I hope we do not get any I hate the stuff and the less we get the sooner spring clean ups and cuts begin. I make more in 3 days of spring clean ups then I did all last winter wasting my time with snow so I am sitting back this year no snow for me.

Same here don't like the snow. I get paid anyway snow or no snow.

richard coffman
12-22-2004, 11:24 AM
we've gotten 2" here last night and probably will the same this evening. This time last year, we allready had plenty of snow on the ground,from the looks of it, there will not be much for us here this season. hopefully, this will change. ;) ;) ;)

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner

Petr51488
12-22-2004, 08:51 PM
petr51488 what part of jersey are u from

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

In in Bergen county.. the town of rutherford