PDA

View Full Version : Tractors???

John P.
12-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Has anyone heard of Scorpion tractors. They have like 3 models all with diesel engines. Never heard about them until yesterday when i did an on-line search.

Travis Followell
12-21-2004, 06:37 AM
I've heard of them and have seen them a couple of times at the National Farm Machinery show. I think they are Japanese but i'm not sure. They may be Chinese. I don't really know which but I would probibly stay away from them. I'd go with some better brands like JD, NH, Case IH, MF, McCormick, Kioti, Kubota, and Mahindra. Those are the ones to look at if your thinking about buying a new tractor.

dbear
12-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Travis, I'm pretty sure the Scorpion is made by TYM of South Korea. I think it's the same as Millenium Tractors and possibly a couple other names. Definately not a Chinese product. The Koreans are making a decent product for a few different companies: Mahindra, Long, Cub Cadet, and of course, Kioti all come from there, 'though I'm not sure which are TYM products. From what I've seen at local farm shows and dealer lots, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one, except for the Cub (but that's a dealer issue, not a product one). Found this website for more info:

http://www.tym-international.com/

Travis Followell
12-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info. By them being Korean i'm sure their pretty good tractors.