PDA

View Full Version : cleaning enclosed trailers

AintNoFun
12-21-2004, 11:06 AM
what do chemicals do you guys use to clean your enlcosed trailers? just curious i always try all the normal stuff about pep boys, and it takes a lot of scrubbing... just curious what everyone else uses....

2k1yzfr1
12-21-2004, 11:51 AM
My friend who has owns a trailer company here in Texas has a chemical that they had made the is the best cleaner for the skin of enclosed trailers. You just spray on and wipe off and it takes all the black streaks off. Let me know if you want his number.

Justin

Wells
12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
I sealed the wood several times inside the trailer when I first purchased it. Now when I clean it out I just use a power-washer and everything washes off just fine, no need for chemicals or scrubbing.

scott's turf
12-21-2004, 01:13 PM
I put linoleum on the floor. Cleans up nice.

Lawrence Lawns
12-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Try your trailer dealer. They should have a chemical to remove the oxidation. That's what the dark streaks are.

Bray
12-21-2004, 02:19 PM
toilet bowl cleaner works good on the outside of the trailer. I bought one with a buddy 5 years ago for our hunting supplies when we go to colorado. The inside we put several coats of a sealer like thompsons, and it seems to wash out well with a hose and a push broom.

scott's turf
12-21-2004, 02:32 PM
I put linoleum on the floor. Cleans up nice.

ok, I'm ******ed. I thought you were talking about the inside of the trailer :dizzy:

GreenMonster
12-21-2004, 02:39 PM
You might want to try On/Off. It's a chemical for cleaning the bottom of boat hulls. Takes off the scum line like nuttin. Never harms any of the vinyl stickers either.

Read the label though and make sure it's OK for you application.

YardPro
12-21-2004, 06:04 PM
on off is a pretty acidic cleaner. it's diluted hydrochloric (or sulphuric, can't remember) acid. be careful with that stuff.

any alkyline or acidic cleaner will clean it fine.

check out envriospec and look at thier truck (tractor trailer) cleaners.
buy in 5 gallon buckets and save alot of money.

acidic cleaners are also great rease removers. it breaks down the lipids like crazy

riches139
12-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Wallmart sells a good product called "Black Streak Remover".
Works very well, very little scrubbing.
It's in their travel trailer or RV section. :waving: