PDA

View Full Version : Any news from Alamia?

Nathan
01-25-2001, 07:50 PM
I saw the post from about a month ago about alamia being out of the redmax and shindaiwa 630 and was wondering if anybody has recent news about availability. I would really like to buy one before the season starts but don't want to pay $630 from my local dealer.
BTW I have read the posts from other dealers upset with these guys selling at reduced cost and dangling the "local service" issue in everyones face. In my opinion all small equipment, ie. 2 stroke, should never need service during it's lifetime so having a service shop doesn't matter to me. Yes I do buy my mowers and larger stuff from the local guys but not nescessarily to keep them in business. I think that if others want to stay competitive they need to offer prices that are a little more reasonable. All of us keep them in business, if we have to deal with competition so should they.

LoneStarLawn
01-25-2001, 08:14 PM
We have been in contact with them and they have told us that the order for Shindaiwa products was "placed late" and therefore they do no have their products at this time. They said that the shipment will be available in FEB. or MAR. Don't know if any of it is true, but this is what we were told over the phone with them.

LoneStarLawn
02-08-2001, 02:31 PM
After no replies to emails and run arounds on the phone we finally got a straight answer form http://www.alamia.com...

They said that it didn't look like they will be carrying any Shindaiwa products anymore. After the runaround and lies that this company has given us, they have lost our respect and our business.