PDA

View Full Version : What are you giving customer(s) for Christmas

DLS1
12-21-2004, 11:55 AM
There is a thread for what you are getting from the customers for Christmas.

Are you giving anything to your customers other than Christmas cards?
Are you sending something to your big money making customers?

chevyman1
12-21-2004, 12:16 PM
all of my first year customers got cards, and some selected ones received a bottle of wine labeled for my company from a central new york winery who specializes in a holiday reisling my wife and I drink often...have already received back about $300 in cash for the holidays from customers and a lot of cards too

AL Inc
12-21-2004, 12:33 PM
I gave them great dependable service all year. Just having me is their present :D J/K I have done small freebies during the year for my big customers or people who send good referrals.

derek1
12-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Chevyman where did you find a company to do a bottle of wine for you? Also I gave my regular customers 5 to 10 dollars off. I got 7 new customers just for doing this.

ZaK18
12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
I gave all my customers a bottle of sparkling cider and a holiday card.

fga
12-21-2004, 12:53 PM
i gave my customers their last bill of the season..
i don't do any little gifts or anything. i just sent out bills to 85 accounts. that would get exspensive sending anything other then a thank you note.

chevyman1
12-21-2004, 12:55 PM
not even a card? wow that's harsh man....personal attention is the biggest thing you can do to reduce your churn number each year. Wait you are a Yankees fan and are talking about too much money?!?! that's ironic! kidding man :waving:

fga
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
not even a card? wow that's harsh man....personal attention is the biggest thing you can do to reduce your churn number each year. Wait you are a Yankees fan and are talking about too much money?!?! that's ironic! kidding man :waving:
i did use a "candy cane" font on the bottom that said Happy Holidays..

bobbygedd
12-21-2004, 01:01 PM
nothing. no card, nothing . i did recieve tips ranging from $5-$25, a wallet, and two bottles of wine

Lux Lawn
12-21-2004, 01:05 PM
I am not giving anything either this year except to one special customer who moved to Florida that was so good to me and my wife over the years she let us use her condo for are honey moon and gave us some things from her house when she was moving.

chevyman1
12-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Bobby, you should send them all a copy of your book "Campfire stories with Bobby"....a large book full of fictional tales and outrageous stories...some good reading there! :sleeping:

derek1
12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Bobby, you should send them all a copy of your book "Campfire stories with Bobby"....a large book full of fictional tales and outrageous stories...some good reading there! :sleeping:

2 Funny!!!!

captaingreen
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Sent everyone a Christmas card and taking cookies from the wife to a dozen of my best, 8 res. and 4 comm.. Just a little something extra for them to keep in their minds for next year. :D :D :D :D

GreenMonster
12-21-2004, 01:45 PM
I sent a YANKEES SUCK t-shirt to all my customers. With my company name, and the fact that the Yankees do, in actuality, suck, it seemed appropriate.

:D

J/K Adam. I took a picture of a walkway/patio and bed installation I did at my house, had it made up onto holiday picture cards from Wal-Mart, then wrote "Think Spring, Green Monster Landscapes"

I also included a $25 gift certificate, which is good toward any service over $125. That way, I won't get some clown calling up for 1 free yard of mulch :rolleyes:

mtdman
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
i gave my customers their last bill of the season..
i don't do any little gifts or anything. i just sent out bills to 85 accounts. that would get exspensive sending anything other then a thank you note.

Exactly. I send out cards, that's it. Most of them don't even open the cards.

NickN
12-21-2004, 02:04 PM
My wife made gift baskets.Included fleece throws(his/hers),Thomas Kinkade print coffee cups(his/hers),gourmet coffee,Ghirardelli chocolates,Hersheys Kisses,assorted hard candies,small keychain swiss army(yes genuine) knives(his/hers),and a card embellished with the company name.Like a sublimenal(sp?) message telling them to relax and let us take care of things.That's why some hire us anyway.Except for the knives.That was just something they each could carry around with them in pocket or purse.Every time they use it,they'll think of us :)
All items were bought throughout the year.We got great deals on some things,like the throws($5 per),coffee cups, and the knives($3 per).
We still have items(throws,cards, and knives) left over that will be used next year for Christmas baskets. Just can't send them to the same people.

Aproct
12-21-2004, 02:12 PM
I sent just cards...second year in a row for that...Actually, I don't think people give it much thought to opening the cards, or if they do they read them and trash them. I thought about giving out pointsettas this year, but I was concern that some people would be home to receive them or their animals might eat them, so I trashed that idea....also, the cost....62 customers, that cost would add up quick....

DLS1
12-21-2004, 02:13 PM
My wife made gift baskets.Included fleece throws(his/hers),Thomas Kinkade print coffee cups(his/hers),gourmet coffee,Ghirardelli chocolates,Hersheys Kisses,assorted hard candies,small keychain swiss army(yes genuine) knives(his/hers),and a card embellished with the company name.Like a sublimenal(sp?) message telling them to relax and let us take care of things.That's why some hire us anyway.Except for the knives.That was just something they each could carry around with them in pocket or purse.Every time they use it,they'll think of us :)
All items were bought throughout the year.We got great deals on some things,like the throws($5 per),coffee cups, and the knives($3 per).
We still have items(throws,cards, and knives) left over that will be used next year for Christmas baskets. Just can't send them to the same people.

Wow that is a great idea.
Once I tell my wife about it I am sure she will want to do this for the best customers next year :D

bobbygedd
12-21-2004, 03:31 PM
i'm sorry, but i have no "fictional tales", just honest to goodness based on a true story , as seen from my eyes, and heard by my ears, stories.

chevyman1
12-21-2004, 03:33 PM
except on Tuesday's and Thursday's and every 3rd Monday and 2nd Friday....but Wednesday's are all truthful right? :D

twins_lawn_care
12-21-2004, 04:40 PM
I also included a $25 gift certificate, which is good toward any service over $125. That way, I won't get some clown calling up for 1 free yard of mulch :rolleyes:

We gave out the same thing, a $25 for any of our services, which they can use, or give to someone as a gift to a new customer. This is the best we could think of, as it is not a direct $25 cost to us at this time of year, and gets people to call back. Also we send a Christmas Card with a picture of our sons on it. All of them constantly ask "how are the boys doing?" so it will be nice for them to see them.

gramps
12-21-2004, 04:47 PM
A raise across the board. At least 20% payup

Itsgottobegreen
12-21-2004, 06:30 PM
A box of cholates and a thank you card for the work, we hope we can do business with you again.

cklands
12-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Their bill for their fall clean up. payup

RICHIE K
12-22-2004, 07:02 AM
CARDS

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

vkurt711
11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
We gave out the same thing, a $25 for any of our services, which they can use, or give to someone as a gift to a new customer. This is the best we could think of, as it is not a direct $25 cost to us at this time of year, and gets people to call back.

Hey Twins,

Just going through some old threads and found this. Do you, or does anyone here, get any new referrals from sending cards or gift certificates to your existing customers this time of year?

zturncutter
11-23-2005, 04:24 PM
There is a thread for what you are getting from the customers for Christmas.

Are you giving anything to your customers other than Christmas cards?
Are you sending something to your big money making customers?
A brief note reminding them that we will be taking the week of Christmas off as always to spend some time and money on OUR FAMILIES instead of the customers!!!

Metro Lawn
11-23-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm giving a rate increase. lol Actually it depends on the client. From cards to gift certs.

Green-Pro
11-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Just cards but like the idea of $25 gift certificate if you use over $125 of other service.