PDA

View Full Version : Spray tanks??

NCL
12-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Does any one if you can add an additional tank to your existing spray tank and utilize the same pump and hose?? I want to add a clean tank with no herbicides so I can spray shrubs, Is this possible?? Thanks

brizine
12-21-2004, 11:51 AM
You can not use your existing pump and hose without risking contamination from what ever mixture your main tank has. 2-4d has a high residual in equipment. For tree and shrub a dedicated rig is the only way to fly.

Brian

Norm Al
12-21-2004, 12:00 PM
spray tanks are awesome for spraying lawns and shrubs!

cemars
12-21-2004, 06:15 PM
spray tanks are awesome for spraying lawns and shrubs!

Thanks Norm, thats helpful. Maybe you should cut back on inhaling the pesticides though.

greensman
12-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Yes it is possible. Get a tank and bolt it down buy some plumbing spend a day setting it up. Or depending on the work you have, buy a used sprayer clean it out and dedicate it. Lots of other options.

ArizPestWeed
12-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I would not do it !
You are asking for trouble .

Green Dreams
12-22-2004, 11:48 AM
At my old employer, they saved money by having 2 tanks and one pump serving two hoses. They still got some weed control in with their mixes. One guy did in $900 worth of flowers for us...

ArizPestWeed
12-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Using the pump only for both , I'd do.
Add the hose , no way !

Turf Medic
12-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Separate tank, pump and hose, is the only way to go. Beyond the residue, the risk of having the wrong tank turned on is just to big of a chance to take. Killing a little grass if you turn on the wrong tank can be a pain in the butt, but killing a customer's tree can be detrimental to health of your business.

Triple R
12-22-2004, 10:43 PM
At my previous employer I was working with one pump and hose, and a 150 gal. tank split into 3 compartments (50 gal. each). I used 1 for shrubs another for turf and the third for water. Never had a problem. Since I quit (over an year ago) they have severely damaged several lawns, probably from cross contamination in tanks and incompotent employees. I am currently setting up my spray truck with 2 independent systems and will have a small skid as an optional third sprayer. I hate washing the sprayers so I prefer to have several sprayers for different applications.