PDA

View Full Version : new developments

Goodaaron
12-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Do you guys find new developments a good place to market lawncare services or would it just be a waste of time. I was thinking of marketing my lawncare service in a couple of brand new subdivisions this spring. Anybody have very good luck in these virgin neighborhoods?

HOOLIE
12-22-2004, 02:56 AM
There's a couple new developments that I do very well in, and a few that I gave up on. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Ol'time Lawncare
12-22-2004, 03:02 AM
Do you guys find new developments a good place to market lawncare services or would it just be a waste of time. I was thinking of marketing my lawncare service in a couple of brand new subdivisions this spring. Anybody have very good luck in these virgin neighborhoods?
.... i'd say a great marketing area to start in, ask the development grows so will you, just watch your prizing, thats the key to a good start in developments!

walker-talker
12-22-2004, 04:10 AM
I think it would be good for landscaping or lawncare (chem apps, aerating...etc), but not necessarily for lawn mowing. They just spent or going to spend a good fortune for new lawn and landscaping. The will probably want to save some money and mow their own lawn, but want to upkeep their investment by lawncare services. All the new developments that I advertised in wanted one-time services and not any mowing.

So, in short, I guess it depends exactly what services you are trying to market.

Lawnchoice
12-22-2004, 04:18 AM
I agree with Walker.

It all depends on what you want to provide for them. The new homes in my area are usually bought by a homeowner who is just starting out and they want to do everything themselves.

Dirt squirting applications are a great service for them as you can get one of them in the neighborhood and it spreads quickly.

They often go to the big warehouse stores and pickup a mower for themselves as they can't really afford to have a weekly service come.

nitrotim
12-22-2004, 08:52 AM
.... i'd say a great marketing area to start in, ask the development grows so will you, just watch your prizing, thats the key to a good start in developments!

Jim, Do you think with the race track coming your way there will be some new developments. :) Alot going on in this city of ours. A builder friend of mine told me that a major builder came in last month and bought 41 lots for $3000000. Yes thats six zeros