PDA

View Full Version : mulching grass clipping??

cklands
12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
I know that most of you guys down south mulch the clippings. I was curious if there were any LCO's up here in NE area that mulch. I have seen one rather large and successful company in the town next to me mulching but he is the only one I have seen. Is it worth doing for only part of the season. My guess would be that you wouldn;t be able to use them in the spring with the thick lawns or in the fall with the leaves. So are the mulching kits worth doing for only a few months in the summer?

Shawns Lawns
12-22-2004, 07:10 PM
What are you using now?

KCLandscape
12-22-2004, 07:19 PM
All we do is mulch the clippings. We mow often enough not to bag. This is explained to the client and fertilization is adapted as needed. Only bag leaves after mulching.

cklands
12-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I run either medi lifts or high lits depending on the season. In the spring we use grass catchers, summer no grass catcher except where needed, in the fall back to catchers to help clean up the leaves.

ozzys cuts
12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Your right around here in the spring you can't mulch grass grows way to fast but come mid june threw sept I mostly mulch.I run my bunton full throttle and let the clippings fly. A little clumping in some spots but in 2 minutes with my redmax 7001 those clumps disapear :waving: