PDA

View Full Version : americalist

bilelt9411
12-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I went to the G.I.E. and ran across americalist. Has anyone ever had any dealings with them. They will send you mailing list of new home owners in your area. They will also send brochures to the home owners in your name. They also offer telemarketing. If any of you have used them what is your success rate.

also do any of you have suggestions of a great marketing tool. I would like to add 100 new accounts for the upcoming season.

jtkplc
12-22-2004, 10:01 PM
also do any of you have suggestions of a great marketing tool. I would like to add 100 new accounts for the upcoming season.

word of mouth

RedWingsDet
12-22-2004, 10:11 PM
100 is alot to gain to your existing routes. However, im sure you can do it. Better get cracking with flyers, and hope you have good word of mouth with your existing customers. Also, send xmas/newyears cards to your current customers basically saying, thanks for their business, that you look forward to seeing them in the spring, and to tell their freinds about you, and put like 5 business cards in the card and mail it to them. It will help even more with word of mouth and make the customer feel like you really care about them...

I found that 50% or more of this business is the intelectual (spelling?) part of the business and making the customer feel like your their freind and the other 50% is quality and service.

Also, I heard if you make flyers look crappy and cheap, you will get more calls because the customer will think you charge less so they will call you, however when you arrive you dont charge less you charge what you usually do.
I havent tried this, all my accounts are in a pretty classy neighborhood and they dont care what it costs as long as it looks good!

out4now
12-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Do not call list has put a end to most telemarketing. Other than that can't you get that same information free as public record ?

richard coffman
12-23-2004, 01:21 AM
I'd stick to your business strategy of flyers and word of mouth, it's the one sure way to get new customers.