PDA

View Full Version : Help, looking for Hypro D30 parts

Triple R
12-22-2004, 11:38 PM
I bought a 100 gal. fiberglass skid on ebay early this year, real cheap. Had it shipped but pump body was cracked when I got it home from freight terminal. It still works but leaks a lot of oil. Now I am looking for a D30 body or used complete pump, I am trying to avoid buying a new one ($730 D30grgi) since I am already spending a lot setting up a spray truck and am planning on doing a lot of marketing starting this February. I would appreciate any help.

dwc
12-23-2004, 10:57 AM
try http://www.dultmeier.com/
you can get a new D30 minus the pressure contol for 394

greensman
12-23-2004, 11:05 AM
We had the black part on the side where one of the diaphragms would be (D30) crack 2 years ago. One of my guys in pinch situation used seal all from his tool box to fix the leak which was weed and feed. Still works today. I bought the replacement part from lesco still have it today. If your leaking oil this could worse that part is expensive. Best of luck to you. Try the cheap stuff first if you have the time or a good welder.

cemars
12-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I have a D-30 that is over 10 years old and probably has over 10,000 hours of use. It has been rebuilt numerous times though, and unless yours froze solid and cracked the block, thats probably all it needs. The beauty of Hypro pumps is that they are simple to work on, the parts are a bit pricey though as the pump and all parts come from Italy. Open her up this winter an you may well find that it can be fixed for less than $100. Good luck.

SodKing
12-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Lesco can generally order all the parts for a D-30

Ric
12-23-2004, 07:58 PM
You may be better off buying a new D 30 pump. It is the gear drive that cost the big Money not the pump.

Triple R
12-23-2004, 08:09 PM
The pump body is what's broken and Hypro doesn't have a part number for the body. I tryed fixig it with an epoxy putty but it gave out when I was tightening the last nut. This pump is set up on a pulley because of the mechanical agitation but I switched the tank to jet agitation and disconnected the mechanical agitation. If I have to buy a new pump I am going to upgrade to the grgi so there won't be any external moving parts. I have already spent several $k this month on setting up my spray truck and would just like to save a few bucks fixing my broken pump. I am looking for any used or new D30 pump body anyone is willing to sell.

cemars
12-23-2004, 09:18 PM
I am looking for any used or new D30 pump body anyone is willing to sell.

If thats the case you have posted on the wrong thread. There is another one for classified (buying and selling).