PDA

View Full Version : Please check and see if you can open my website.

Soupy
12-23-2004, 06:55 AM
I can not get my website to open. I think I am having Explorer problems though. Can someone tell me if they can open www.lawn-tek.com

Thanks,
Soupy

lawnman_scott
12-23-2004, 07:19 AM
No. It says page cannot be displayed.

Soupy
12-23-2004, 07:32 AM
OK, Thanks.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Not yet @ 7:41 AM EST.

brinlee lawn
12-23-2004, 09:57 AM
nope cant find site 8:00 central

jkkalbers
12-23-2004, 11:02 AM
No luck here, sorry.

derek1
12-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Just Tried 10:17 am 12/23/04

DLS1
12-23-2004, 12:12 PM
working for me. Are you offering grub control as an option. I didn't see it.

twins_lawn_care
12-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Works good here!
Belleville huh? I grew up in Bellwood, Il :waving: ! I know, not even close...

jpmako
12-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Soupy,

I can access it just fine, perhaps the server was down.
By the way great website.
I am by no means an expert on web design but I did go to school for web design and programming and did it on the side for a couple of years.
Just a couple of things that I would recommend changing.
1. On the photos page (Have the full size photo's open in a new window or pop-up window) This prevents people from closing the window and losing the site.
2. On some of the pages you have to move contentBg to the left about 2 pixels so that it meets the sidebar navigation.
3. I for one hate scrolling to the side. Maybe make your images a little smaller so that the entire page can be displayed without having a scrollbar on the bottom.

This is of course just my 2 cents and I have not really studied the entire site. But you do have a very nice looking website.
Here is a link to some of my old web sites.
www.makoconsulting.com/portfolio.asp

Jason

Soupy
12-23-2004, 12:23 PM
I just got through talking with the guy who is hosting the site and he said he was switching servers.

Yes Grub control is offered. I will have to include that on the website. This site has been up for a year and I never noticed that. Thanks

Soupy
12-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Soupy,

I can access it just fine, perhaps the server was down.
By the way great website.
I am by no means an expert on web design but I did go to school for web design and programming and did it on the side for a couple of years.
Just a couple of things that I would recommend changing.
1. On the photos page (Have the full size photo's open in a new window or pop-up window) This prevents people from closing the window and losing the site.
2. On some of the pages you have to move contentBg to the left about 2 pixels so that it meets the sidebar navigation.
3. I for one hate scrolling to the side. Maybe make your images a little smaller so that the entire page can be displayed without having a scrollbar on the bottom.

This is of course just my 2 cents and I have not really studied the entire site. But you do have a very nice looking website.
Here is a link to some of my old web sites.
www.makoconsulting.com/portfolio.asp

Jason

Thanks for the suggestion. The pages are suppose to stretch to fit the screen. I don't know why you have to use the slide bar. I will look into this

plateau lawn care
12-23-2004, 12:35 PM
works fine here in georgia. Do you know if walker brand walk behinds are worth the money verses others. I like the idea of changing decks, and their close to the same price as other hydros.

Soupy
12-23-2004, 12:40 PM
works fine here in georgia. Do you know if walker brand walk behinds are worth the money verses others. I like the idea of changing decks, and their close to the same price as other hydros.

Welcome to lawnsite.. I don't know anything about Walkers. You might want to start a new thread and title it "Walker brand mowers". You might want to do a search for info about Walkers on this site or just click the link http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=119605

KathysLGC
12-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Too add to the comments, Some options in the services section bring you back to the services page. Aeration works but if you look at the overseeding page it's not there.
Other then that the site looks great!

Soupy
12-23-2004, 12:53 PM
That is because I don't have pages for those services. I think he left them as links just incase I decided to create pages for them.

Thanks for the suggestion everyone. Just so everyone knows, this isn't a new site. I wasn't really looking for proof readers even though I appreciate the feedback. I just couldn't get it to work in the early morning and didn't have anyone to call and check it for me. I knew that there were a few people online at the time so I posted this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the suggestions. I just don't want everyone thinking this is a new site and that I was trying to show it off or anything.