PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on walk behind striping kit

Tractor Man
12-23-2004, 10:57 AM
I have a 48" Snapper Hydro and I'm wanting to put a striping kit on it. Snapper does not have a striping kit for any of there mowers. I was looking at the striping kit that Scag has and was wondering if I could mount it on my Snapper. I was looking at the drawing, does the roller actually roll on the ground or does it just barely stay off the ground?

Or if any one has a different kit they think might fit....

mpblass
12-23-2004, 01:05 PM
I run a pro-slide behind my Snappers and it lays down a nice stripe.

RobH
12-23-2004, 01:14 PM
The Scag striping roller is made for the Z turn riders. It wasn't designed for the walk behinds. I actually asked them about that and they are working on designing one for the walk behinds.

If you do a search you will find tons of info on companies making striping rollers for walk behinds, plus many guys have designed their own.

Good luck!!!

cleancutccl
12-23-2004, 01:30 PM
have a look, I have one on my wb too, 36" gravely.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=88049

ztoro
12-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Those bigleague lawn stripers lay a pretty nice stripe.

To me they look a little cheap but watch there video its a good video for selling them.....

Tractor Man
12-23-2004, 05:29 PM
have a look, I have one on my wb too, 36" gravely.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=88049

That's a nice job on the striper. It lays a nice strip too. Is it spring loaded or does it just ride on top of the ground, free play.

Tractor Man
12-23-2004, 05:32 PM

Give me some more details on this pro-slide, who makes it and where can I see one. Is there a web site that I can go to..

cleancutccl
12-23-2004, 06:07 PM
The pictures are not a big league, I made that one myself. A lot heavier construction and adaptability than a big league. They don't have any downward pressure but they weigh about 1 pound per inch.

ztoro
12-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Give me some more details on this pro-slide, who makes it and where can I see one. Is there a web site that I can go to..

A company called Novae makes them. I have one as well and it stripe well.. However much you weigh is the pressure thats pushing the grass down... they sell on ebay for around 180.. They fold up and forward when not in use and are out of the way... IThe only thing I didnt like is I felt like it put a lot of drag on the mower(my weight is 180)... Lots of people use them and they work and slide great.. actually fun when using. You dont need to step off in turns(zero turns with hydros)

PLM-1
12-23-2004, 09:44 PM

i did the same thing with my snapper. looked quite nice!

PLM-1
12-23-2004, 09:45 PM

their website is www.novaecorp.com

they also sell gridiron racks which are great!

chefdrp
12-23-2004, 10:21 PM
i would like to add that you only have to make one that goes in the inside of the rear wheels. Not the whole length like in those pics

mow2nd
12-24-2004, 12:40 AM
What a waste of time and money.........sorry I dont see the point in a strippin kit.