PDA

View Full Version : Just got first big Deal

advanced lawn care
12-23-2004, 12:00 PM
I just got a big contract to mow 37 residential yards. My Nephew has worked for this company for a couple of years and he is going to all commercial and wants to contract some of his residential out.The yards range in price from $40.00 to $65.00 He is going to take $10.00 off the top of each lawn. The most of the accounts are in subdivisions and are close together. Do you guys think this is a good deal. thanks Jason

impactlandscaping
12-23-2004, 12:10 PM
13K per season sounds a little steep, especially if they are "his" accounts. Is he just sending you to keep them cut, and he's billing the clients, and cutting you a check , or the other way around, you cut, claim taxes on the gross, and then send him a check for $ 370.00 per week? When things sound too good to be true, most of the time they are. Don't let business get in the way of family as well.....

rodfather
12-23-2004, 12:38 PM
My Nephew has worked for this company for a couple of years and he is going to all commercial and wants to contract some of his residential out.

I'm a little confused :dizzy: . Who is giving you these accounts, your nephew or the company he works/worked for? Or is your nephew and this company the same entity?

10 bucks for each one off the top every week is gonna add up if your expenses and taxes are off the top as well.