PDA

View Full Version : Got a great reaction

cleancutccl
12-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Have you ever turned in an estimate and the company immediately called their previous LCO to cancel service. I know I didn't lowball either, my fertilizer price was actually higher than the competition, don't know for sure about on my maintenance prices, but I'm sure not too far off. The manager took one look at the estimate and started showing me who had done it before and their prices. I don't know why it happened but it definitely caught me a little off guard.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-23-2004, 02:39 PM
I remember my first reaction I ever had I just gave a price on our first lawn account for someone I did not know. And as we signed the contract the ex landscaper I was not told about showed up. Talk about awkward and boy did he look pissed. The customer chased him off go way you don't work here no more I have had enough. That has never happened since and I am happy about that.

out4now
12-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Congrats. :drinkup: Sounds like you did some good salesmanship.

Randy Scott
12-23-2004, 06:13 PM
don't know for sure about on my maintenance prices, but I'm sure not too far off. The manager took one look at the estimate and started showing me who had done it before and their prices.

So apparently you were cheaper? I'm assuming. Or did you get the job with your prices being higher as a whole?

If so, don't be surprised when you loose the account to the next cheapest guy next year.

I'd be a little uncomfortable if someone did that to me, showed me who the other guy was and what he was charging. I personally don't want to know or care what they were charging, the other guys prices don't pay my bills.

cleancutccl
12-23-2004, 06:43 PM
The only price I saw was of the previous fert company, chemlawn. I was about $20.00 an application more than they were. The one thing that the company really liked was that they could write one check each month to only one company. I think the real kicker was that she could be first or second on the list for snow removal. With the other company she said they would get it done around 10:00 in the morning.