PDA

View Full Version : Lawnsite Ethics - 2nd POLL

JimLewis
12-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I messed the first poll up. So here is the corrected one.

(Jodi, please remove the first thread).

Just curious about how people operate here on lawnsite, ethically and honestly. Please check all that apply. This is kept anonymous, of course.

Ric
12-23-2004, 02:00 PM
I messed the first poll up. So here is the corrected one.

(Jodi, please remove the first thread).

Just curious about how people operate here on lawnsite, ethically and honestly. Please check all that apply. This is kept anonymous, of course.

Jim

Oops I was replying to the first thread when it was deleted. So here is a Copy and Paste of my reply.

You are asking Lier's to tell the truth. How credible is this poll??

Crawdad Brings up another point about how anonymous this poll is. No maybe member don't see who votes what, but I am sure the software tells the Webmaster at least. And it is was not hard for me to figure out you and crawdad voted 100% truth told.

Yes it is an interesting question. But you are not likely to get a correct answer to it.

kris
12-23-2004, 02:08 PM
should have another line ...

Who posts OFF Topic threads in the commercial forum, just to pad their post count. :dizzy:

DLCS
12-23-2004, 02:12 PM
hmmm...asking a liar to tell the truth on wether or not he is telling the truth. :dizzy:

lawnman_scott
12-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Those results are a joke.

JimLewis
12-23-2004, 02:21 PM
You are asking Lier's to tell the truth. How credible is this poll?? Well, that's obvious. First, people fess up to all sorts of stuff in polls. And it's anonymous, so I am hoping that will encourage people to be forthright about their answer. Second, I think people who do this stuff actually WANT people to know it's going on. It's like a secret. You want to share it. You don't want to keep it to yourself. But you know you can't say anything because it would give you up. So in this way, people can tell their little secrets without fear and with anonymity. Finally, I am sure this poll won't be entirely accurate. And since people lie, then NO poll is ever entirely accurate.

Crawdad Brings up another point about how anonymous this poll is. No maybe member don't see who votes what, but I am sure the software tells the Webmaster at least.

First of all, you're assuming the software has the capability to hide polls from public but tell the owners who voted what. I don't think that's a valid assumption. Second, I don't the webmasters don't care if people lie or brag on lawnsite. Third, I don't think they would do anything about it even if they DID care. Fourth, I don't think they really waste their time trying to look at who voted which way. I think they probably have more important things to do. And finally, there is really only one option that might concern the moderators - and that's the one about having a separate secret ID. I know two people who have had these for several years now and I know Lawnsite tracks people's IP addresses. If they didn't want people at the same IP address to have more than one ID then they already have the technology to find out who it is and stop them.

And it is was not hard for me to figure out you and crawdad voted 100% truth told. You assume a lot. I haven't voted yet. Had I voted right off the bat, my vote would have been very obvious. :waving:

J&R
12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
My other hand is on a bible . What i say is the truth.

Ric
12-23-2004, 02:45 PM
First of all, you're assuming the software has the capability to hide polls from public but tell the owners who voted what. I don't think that's a valid assumption. Second, I don't the webmasters don't care if people lie or brag on lawnsite. Third, I don't think they would do anything about it even if they DID care. Fourth, I don't think they really waste their time trying to look at who voted which way. I think they probably have more important things to do. And finally, there is really only one option that might concern the moderators - and that's the one about having a separate secret ID. I know two people who have had these for several years now and I know Lawnsite tracks people's IP addresses. If they didn't want people at the same IP address to have more than one ID then they already have the technology to find out who it is and stop them.

Jim

Having been a moderator on another forum I can tell you There is one heck of a lot of data captured. Fact Everytime you log on and only read can be captured. As far as Two names goes I have more than two but only post under my real one. Yes I have broadband with a static IP but They will never figure out who my other names are because I use a proxy severer from a second computer. But then I don't post using those names so it doesn't matter. For the most part I am a straight shooter and don't tell lies unless BooBy asks to see my pet alligator named Gerbil.

Shuter
12-23-2004, 02:49 PM
I do not have enough time or energy to sit on Lawnsite and lie. I do not brag, because I could care less what people think of me. I like to be honest and use Lawnsite as another tool to help with my business.

Ric
12-23-2004, 02:52 PM
should have another line ...

Who posts OFF Topic threads in the commercial forum, just to pad their post count. :dizzy:

Gee Kris

I will have to give you credit for your high post count in the Calendar Girl Thread. And to think you do it all one handed while heating your igloo with fiction from your other hand rubbing against your own body.

DLCS
12-23-2004, 02:59 PM

:

I used to have 2 Id's. When I first came to this site in 2000, I went by the name Thunder, but never posted anything under that ID, just did alot of reading with that ID. Last year Sean or jody found out I had also registered under another ID and deleted it or changed its password so i can't use it anymore. Which really was no big deal to me. So, thats how i know that they can find out and do watch that sort of thing.

kris
12-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Gee Kris

I will have to give you credit for your high post count in the Calendar Girl Thread. .
Off topic posts dont count towards your post count :sleeping:

Ric
12-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Off topic posts dont count towards your post count :sleeping:

Kris

NO! REALLY

TClawn
12-23-2004, 03:14 PM
I have a feeling that every body who checked the fifth option just qualified for the first. :rolleyes:

of course everything I post is honest and true :rolleyes:

kris
12-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Where do you moderate Ric?

DLCS
12-23-2004, 03:18 PM

He used to but they found out he lied.... :p

Ric
12-23-2004, 03:33 PM

Kris

No longer, but the coffee shop. I am sure you know which forum I mean, but I can not put the real name up here because it is a competitor. I got tired of all the back stabbing and take over that were being planned. I was teaching the Classroom and it was a lot of work for no return. I get paid, not well but paid when I teach at the local college. In a classroom you can control the direction of material being covered. However on the internet it is too hard to keep that same control and things wonder off topic just like these threads do.

DLCS

Stick it in your ear.

TClawn
12-23-2004, 03:33 PM
ric is jody's second ID to bash Bobby G :D

DLCS
12-23-2004, 03:37 PM

:p ROFLMAO

Ric
12-23-2004, 03:38 PM

TC

Keep this a secret, but Jodi has several Screen Names her self. However My screen name is the same as my First name.

1MajorTom
12-23-2004, 03:48 PM
TC

Keep this a secret, but Jodi has several Screen Names her self. However My screen name is the same as my First name.

One thing Ric I won't tolerate is untruths said about me. You (not meaning you personally, but just you as a general pronoun), may say anything you choose to say about me behind my back, but I won't let it happen here.
I have only ONE screen name at Lawnsite.

kris
12-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Kris

I get paid, not well but paid when I teach at the local college. .

Two of my siblings teach ...both are underpaid in my opinion.

kris
12-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey Jodi ... anyone who knows you well , knows you are as truthful as they come.

Your 100% LS and I admire that in you.

Soupy
12-23-2004, 04:05 PM
I always try to look bigger then I really am. But I don't come out and lie and say I have a million accounts or say I have equipment that I don't have. But in the real world, perception is the key to a growing business. I purposely had my truck lettered and my marketing material designed to look like a franchise so the potential customers would think we are bigger then we actually are. I do this to grow and hopefully become bigger, but no matter how big a company gets they are still going to try and look as big as possible. Did any of this make since?

Anyway, I never lie about how many accounts or what equipment I have. If I don't want you to know then I don't tell and when asked I just say none of your bizwax. If a customer ask then I do tell them the truth about how many accounts I service, but this # is useless anyway as you all know.

What category do I fall under? I would hope #5 because I was honest in this post.

Ric
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
One thing Ric I won't tolerate is untruths said about me. You (not meaning you personally, but just you as a general pronoun), may say anything you choose to say about me behind my back, but I won't let it happen here.

REALLY

Then I have less powers of observations than I thought. Never said a lot good or bad behind your back. With me everyone knows where they stand. I am an open book and if I like you, you know it and Vice-a-Verse-a. One of the reasons people don't like me is because I don't pretend. I always call it like I see it. I can Respect someone and not like them or I can like someone and not respect them. However I both Like and respect you Jodi. BooBy on the other hand is a case of Like to tess. No I have no respect for BooBy.

crawdad
12-23-2004, 07:34 PM

...and, how many do you have at "the other place?"

1MajorTom
12-23-2004, 07:45 PM
...and, how many do you have at "the other place?"

who needs names.... just passwords. ;)
Merry Christmas Crawdad, just havin some fun with ya. :cool2:

crawdad
12-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Touche, greengrass...oh I mean Tom, or Jodi, or whatever...
merry Christmas to you and yours....

Ric
12-23-2004, 08:02 PM

Really

Ah and who gave you that Idea??????? :rolleyes:

crawdad
12-23-2004, 08:07 PM
As busy as she is, she still finds time to stalk "You know who" across the internet, and read his posts...

1MajorTom
12-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Speaking of stalking crawdad, I'd say you're pretty darn good at it yourself. You have a knack for never missing my posts. I'm flattered. :angel:

crawdad
12-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Speaking of stalking crawdad, I'd say you're pretty darn good at it yourself. You have a knack for never missing my posts. I'm flattered. :angel:

I can't help it. You have such interesting posts. Things like how to punish that sweet little kid of yours, and free leaf cleanups and stuff.
:waving:

JimLewis
12-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Well, that was interesting. I don't think it's totally accurate. But I think it came out about like I figured it would.

I agree that most people here are honest and try not to lie or brag. We're here to help each other out. That's a good thing! Thanks for taking the poll, guys.

Soupy
12-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Well, that was interesting. I don't think it's totally accurate. But I think it came out about like I figured it would.

I agree that most people here are honest and try not to lie or brag. We're here to help each other out. That's a good thing! Thanks for taking the poll, guys.

Jim, all I care is that the guys that I look up to (like you) are not lying. But still, it really doesn't matter if a guy says he has 30 trucks, makes 2 million a year and has 80 employees. It's his knowledge I'm after and you can tell if someone has that.