PDA

View Full Version : guys really pissing me off!!

sodgod
12-23-2004, 04:31 PM
I don't know if you remember the pictures i posted about a month back of the sidewalk. I am still trying to get a hold of the guy.....he called once but i was out working. I've left atleast 3 messages so far and no return....the only thing that doesn't have me worried is that he lives right down the street. worst comes to worst...i get some chalk and write a big dollar sign on his new walkway...maybe that will get the point across. I'm startin to get the real idea of this business stuff....so far everyone has paid in full without any problem...even bonuses. This better not happen to me alot....but i have a bad feeling it will in the future. what is it with people....? do you think us landscapers forget about couple hundred dollar jobs?

Travis Followell
12-23-2004, 04:48 PM
I'd sure make him pay one way or the other and I would be sure he paid me every last penny that he owed.

cleancutccl
12-23-2004, 05:53 PM
contracts make most of that go away, even then you still have a few people that think you will just go away and not want the money that you worked hard to earn.

kris
12-23-2004, 06:10 PM
.the only thing that doesn't have me worried is that he lives right down the street.

Well why don't you go down the street and pound on his door? Id be there every day including Christmas day if I had to.

out4now
12-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Should have borrowed Bobby's shovel before he left, lol.

crawdad
12-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Well why don't you go down the street and pound on his door? Id be there every day including Christmas day if I had to.
Yes! That's the ticket! Go there Christmas day, when he has company, he'll pay you. it's either pay you or be a cheapskate in front of company. Be polite, smile, and ask for your check. Merry Christmas!
Crawdad

YardPro
12-23-2004, 07:25 PM
i like the dollar sign in chalk on the drive

lpwhandyman
12-23-2004, 07:36 PM
I think everybody should get a Bobby Shovel for Christmas. If the customers see us coming with it, they know they better have that check filled out and signed by the time we reach their door. But seriously......I agree, go knock on the guys door. Tomorrow is a great day for collections.

Tech man
12-23-2004, 08:10 PM
You need one of these...

meathead1134
12-23-2004, 08:57 PM
You need one of these...
Jesse James is one bad AZZ dude

prizeprop
12-23-2004, 09:03 PM
How late is he from your invoice date.He did try to contact you once, maybe he wanted to pay you before he left for vacation or business and hasnt gotten back yet.Then maybe he should have put it in the mail or since he's down the street you worked out other arangements for him to pay you in person.I don't know the details. If there's a logical reason you haven't been able to speak via phone and you embarrass him at Christmas like someone suggested, be prepared to never see a dime until you take him to court. Just relax, take a deep breath and think this out before you act. Again, I don't know the payment or work agreement.

ALarsh
12-23-2004, 09:30 PM
I have just recently got an idea. If you have too many of these problems, before doing any work get the persons credit card information on file. You tell them that they can pay any means they would like, but if the do not pay with in X days or do not make any attempt at calling or contacting you about payment, then you charge the card for whatever you are billing the person for (if they paid before hand, you do not charge the card).

Triple R
12-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I agree with prizeprop, this month I almost lost a maintenance account due to a misunderstanding and lack of communication. When I finally spoke to the client and explained her invoice I got all my money and she was very happy to pay. Bottom line is we are professionals and have an image to uphold even if it means risking a loss once in a while. I am still trying to collect on two deadbeat clients but will not resort to any tactics that will make my company look bad, my company image is worth more than what us owed me and in a town of 100,000 population image if a high priority.

Groundcover Solutions
12-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Back when we did mowing work we had one customer that did not pay her last few bills totaled a little over 300. I took a detoure every day to her house and asked her to pay up. She always had an excuse... So one I drove by and saw she had company over. I knocked on the door and made sure every one could hear me ask for my money... She went right over to her check book and wrote me the check!!!!

kris
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Prizeprop ...I agree , I believe there is More to This Story.

I was trying to get a reply from the guy that posted this thread. I mean really ... the guy lives right down the street and you can't collect? If I had left someone several messages that were not returned I would be knocking at his door at a time that I KNEW he was home..Something wrong here.

sodgod
12-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Ya he does live down the street...hes a doctor and works wierd shifts...he'll get home at 1 in the morning
but yes i agree... the 24th is the day to collect

richard coffman
12-24-2004, 01:00 AM
I'd read the thread on "what do you do with non paying customers, have plenty of ideas there. hope this helpes.