PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Spyker 220lb. cap. spreader for rider

Ocutter
01-25-2001, 11:30 PM
I am looking for this particular electric unit for my turf tiger. I have called spyker directly. They told me that they only sell to dealers. My closest one says it'll run $800 for the unit including installation.
I have spoken with other colleagues and members here and they say that the spyker line is the best. I'm going with their reccommendation.
If any kind soul is willing to part with theirs please mail me with any information. Thanks.

Eric ELM
01-25-2001, 11:41 PM
I ran into the same problem. I ended up getting one from Spread 4 Mower down by St. Louis on their website. It was cheaper and it is an all electric spreader, it even has an electric sylinoid that opens the chute up and turns on the spreader motor, with one switch. Here is their site.
http://www.spread4mower.com/

tpirobert
01-26-2001, 01:33 AM
Eric

I've been looking at diferent spreader options for my rider. Do you like the one you have and would you buy another if you had the need? I'm also trying to figure out a small tank ( 15 gallon ) and boom rig to attatch to back of Z rider for liquid weed control.

Thanks

lawrence stone
01-26-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by tpirobert
Eric

I've been looking at diferent spreader options for my rider. Do you like the one you have and would you buy another if you had the need? I'm also trying to figure out a small tank ( 15 gallon ) and boom rig to attatch to back of Z rider for liquid weed control.

Thanks

You could buy a 15 gal pull behind from northern and use it as is.

Or mount the boom from a bracket off the rear trailer hitch and make bracket out of wood/steel/alum for the 15 gal tank mount.

Then mount the tank and bracket to a Jrco bar. When you buy the boom sprayer it has a 2 way valve to attach a hand wand.
With a longer wand you could spot spray from the ztr seat.