PDA

View Full Version : Leaf cleanup pricing

Lowcountry Lawn Care
12-23-2004, 06:51 PM
I was just wondering how you guys price your leaf cleanups. If you have an annual contract with a residential or commercial, do you include the leaf cleanups in the contract or do you let them know that leaf cleanups are going to be more than just lawn care? If you don't do contracts, do you have a different pricing technique than the pricing for lawn care during spring and summer months? I charge more for my cleanup jobs, but some people act like I'm ripping them off when I tell them (up front) that leaf cleanup is more.

packerbacker
12-23-2004, 07:02 PM
$55.00 per hour for a spring or fall cleanup. Im solo though, lots of guys i know that have employees are charging $30.00 PER MAN HOUR so actually that takes them to $90.00/hr.

bettergrass
12-23-2004, 07:27 PM
im solo and charge 65 a man hour

what i do for annual contracts is just state that after substantial amount of leaves have fallen you will be now charged as a leaf cleanup. then i state that i will present a estimate for the cleanup and if the they choose not to except there done for the year.

most people accept because by the time i think its substantial enough that it just cant be a regular cut....its enough that they are gonna want the work done and my prices are fair IMO.

STAN1366
12-23-2004, 07:42 PM
I charge more for leaf cleanup, but it depends on the customer and how easy it or difficult it is. A $30 lawn might be cost $100 to do the leaves. I had a neighbor ask me for a price for a fall cleanup. It was a $350.00 job easily. Lawn hadn't been mowed in 2 months and no leaves had been picked up either. This was mid November and I was busy with my regular accounts, but I told him $250 since he lives right next to me and disposal of the grass and leaves wouldn't be a problem. As soon as I told him the price, I got the old, "well, I'll have to talk it over with my wife,". It was too much I guess and he went at it himself. A month later and he's got over 30 hrs. and 50 paper bags filled at the road. He still ain't done AND it looks like crap too! At least he was honest about it and said how long it was taking. Maybe when his "Crapsman" mower breaks in May I'll get another account.

RedWingsDet
12-23-2004, 07:42 PM
This topic was just discussed!!!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=871326#post871326

There!