PDA

View Full Version : Delivered christmas gifts today to my clients...

Blk94fiveOh
12-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I delivered Christmas gifts to all of my weekly mowing accounts , and a few of my landscaping clients today. The gift consisted of a box of chocolates, a card, and one of those fancy gift baskets....Well I've been doing this for a few years now, (last year I handed out poinsettias's) and I've had great responses from just about everyone. On one of my final stops I went to the door, handed him the gift, and they invited me in as told me they had something for me too. He went into the kitchen, and got a card that was already prepared for me with my name on it. He told me that they were expecting me, and that they really appreciated me doing this, and so on...
Well I opened the card when I got in my truck, and there was a $50 gift certificate to galyans inside. :D It made my day. Just thought I'd share my story. Its the little things that can set you apart from all the other businesses out there.

By the way..by personally handing out the gifts, I also got a lead from a customer regarding a sizable landscaping job for next year, and I'm also pretty sure I'll have close to %100 retention rate next year as far as maintenance goes. ( are best rate yet)

work_it
12-24-2004, 01:09 AM
I do something similar to that. I always put together gift boxes of 5 different types of fudge and a card. This last Tuesday I was finishing up some work for a customer when she drove up and asked me for the invoice so she could pay me on the spot. I handed her the invoice, and while she was looking it over I went back to the truck for her present. When I handed it to her she was so happy it was worth all the time I spent in the kitchen making all that fudge. When she returned she gave me a check and then handed me an extra $40 while wishing me a merry Christmas.