PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Mowers

yokes
12-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Does anyone use a Bad Boy zero turn? Or does anyone know anything about them? I checked out there web site and saw their prices are pretty low, do you think this has anything to do with the quality of this mower?

Travis Followell
12-25-2004, 07:33 PM
I have heard from people that have them say the quality is excellent. They have a 1/4" thick deck which is one of the strongest in the industry and have heard that they have a great cut. If you try doing search you will find plenty of info on these mowers.

TClawn
12-25-2004, 09:17 PM
they look like a really tough mower. I haven't really checked them out though, because there are no dealers in hawaii.

Richard Martin
12-26-2004, 04:52 AM
I think that most of the reason that you don't hear more about Bad Boy is a serious lack of dealers. If you're not in the Southeast or the middle of the country then there is nowhere to even see them. The closest dealer to me is about 325 miles away and if he decides to stop selling them then it is another couple of hundred miles to the next dealer. Their entire dealer network is 72 dealerships (according to the dealer list on their website) and that doesn't make for a whole lot of exposure.

I know it takes a while to build a good network but these mowers have been available for a few years now.

Texas Mower Parts
12-26-2004, 11:03 AM
They have been by our dealership a few times and look to be good solid machines. The problem is they are up against 30 something brands, all which claim to be the best. In reality, all Z's are pretty similar. They all use the same components to build their machines. To answer your ?, I would only buy machines that I had a dealer to service. I'm sure they make a great mower, but I feel they are a few years too late.

65hoss
12-26-2004, 12:20 PM
A well built machine. Don't overlook them.

smokehouse
12-28-2004, 02:13 AM
i have used a bad boy 60 inch cut for a year now and the only complaint i realy have is that there aren't many dealers close by.my machine has 400 plus hours on it and all i have had to do is basically just general up keep.it cuts great runs fast and is built like a tank.if you call the factory for support kevin and the guys are quick to help solve what ever problem you have.and most likely the next mower i buy will be a bad boy.

Meg-Mo
12-28-2004, 10:26 AM
My boss has 3 Bad Boys and he loves them. After 3000 hours he has replaced a belt or two and that has been all. The quality and construction of the machine is like no other. The mower opens up and you can get to everything. The deck is so secure that you can stand on it. The deck also has electric height adjustment. It even has receivers front and back. The Bad Boy sales staff are great. And now with the advance chute system and with Meg-Mo's they are better than before. Thanks, Kalah