PDA

View Full Version : echo power

reddog
12-25-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm new to this forum so this question has more than likely been asked before. I;ve used Echo for years but the new ones don;t seem to have the same power as the older models. They also are harder to start. I;m looking to try a different weedeater/edger, any suggestions.

K.Carothers
12-25-2004, 01:36 PM
I bought a new echo trimmer spring 03 and used it hard for 2 solid seasons. Still runs strong for what I need it for. I have a stihl that I bought this year and there is a consideral amount of more power but I find myself always going for the echo. I think it is because its lighter and does a great job.

gusbuster
12-25-2004, 01:51 PM
If you are looking for a good combo of weight and power, I like the Husquvarna's. I ALso have Shin and echo.

The key to your choice though should be:
what you like
what you can get serviced the faster at you local shop.

You can have the best machine in the world, but it's usless to you if it stays in the shop for 3 weeks waiting to get parts
John

reddog
12-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks for your advise.

mowerman111
12-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Yep I've always used echo trimmers, but i use stihl pole hedge trimmers and pole saws, & blowers but the echos seem to have a better power curve than stihl in their trimmers.

Rhett
12-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Slowly switching from stihl to echo. Went from a stihl 420c blower to echo 651 blower. The stihl was hard to start and just barely adequate for a main blower. Echo stars max two pulls and is in a whole different league as far as performance. Gave away Stihl 009 chain saw and replaced it with a comparable echo. Same story. Until Stihl makes some large improvements I will be hard pressed to even consider their products. Would love to try some redmax but unfortunately those are the only two choices in town.

reddog
12-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I;ve only been in the business 6 years and the echo products have served me well. the last weedeater was the only one thats caused me doubt. I modified the muffler and got more power but she is still a ***** to crank. I just wanted to make sure it wasn;t happening to a lot of people.

pjslawncare/landscap
12-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Ive used Echo stuff for over ten years and I used to love it. About two ot three years ago I started experiencing bad problems with them (carb mostly). I take good care of my stuff but Echos just didnt hold up any longer so I switched to Shindaiwa and like them for three years now. Thats just my experience with them :waving: