PDA

View Full Version : Adding fert program-need help.

K.Carothers
12-25-2004, 01:21 PM
I want to get into the fert business besides my already grass business. I am in the process of gathering all the info on the licensing here in PA. For all you who fert, where do you buy your product? Is there bulk places? And how much roughly are you paying? Do you have to store the product at a different location? Have you ever considered buying a franchise? One of my customers son bought a Lawn Doctor franchise and he loves it. He has over 700 accounts. I do know that they sell by zip code. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

out4now
12-25-2004, 06:20 PM
THere are several independent fert. suppliers. We have one here called Fertizona but we were always alble to find better deals elsewhere. As for fert franchise there is Lawn Doctor and Scotts but I think you'd have to go at it full time on that and abandon the grass cutting. I'm not sure if they have a steep quota you must meet every month to keep your franchise or not but I imagine they would apply alot of pressure to get a certain amount of sales.

ezgro
12-30-2004, 10:19 PM
I want to get into the fert business besides my already grass business. I am in the process of gathering all the info on the licensing here in PA. For all you who fert, where do you buy your product? Is there bulk places? And how much roughly are you paying? Do you have to store the product at a different location? Have you ever considered buying a franchise? One of my customers son bought a Lawn Doctor franchise and he loves it. He has over 700 accounts. I do know that they sell by zip code. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Im 30 miles south of Pittsburgh, I buy from lesco in kirwin heights. It depends on what you are buying but from my experence with lesco the more you buy the better price you get. I store my material in my shop. I have looked into Lawn doctor franshise, if you have some green backs alot for that matter then it would pay you to contact a franshise.I have been mowing and doing landscaping for 15 years and just started fert apps. last spring and have 7 customers today and 4 more for next year,Im happy with that as of right now dont want to gro to fast, Im very busy with all the other services that we do. GOOD LUCK :waving: