PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Doctor Franchise

K.Carothers
12-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Has anyone looked into buying a franchise with this company? What have you found?

s and s mowing
12-25-2004, 03:29 PM
franchise fee of 74,900,plus 10% royalty.i dont need any more info.

K.Carothers
12-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Incredible! ;)

smlavin
12-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but you get to call yourself the DOCTOR! :cool2:

Turf Medic
12-25-2004, 06:33 PM
I wonder what is so different about lawncare franchises and fast food franchises. Do you think the early McDonald's franchisee's got the same type of advice as everyone here gives out? I know for a fact that many people have become millionaires owning other types of franchises.

SodKing
12-25-2004, 08:36 PM
I did look into it about 14 years ago and determined, at that time, that if you had no clue whatsoever, it would be good to buy into this franchise. Personally I had a degree in Plant Science -BS UNH '89- and didn't see anything they could help me with so I decided to do without the franchise.

If your clueless, buy a franchise. If you know the industry, don't.

Jackman
12-25-2004, 08:53 PM
The Lawndoctor in my area seems to be doing quite well for himself, there service gets awsome results( and its exspensive) provided it rains or the lawn is watered other wise there lawns brownout real quick..... The lawndoctor most likely has lots of call back complaints about a weed here or a brown spot there, I think that if you can deal with those calls with out going nuts and are in a good market area it might be a good thing.......

Turf Medic
12-26-2004, 11:56 PM
The advantage that I think you might find with the franchise lays less in the nuts and bolts of the industry ie mowing, fertilizer application, but more in the business and marketing end. Leans more toward business person that wants to do lawn care than a lawn care person that wants a business.

Soupy
12-27-2004, 04:48 AM
I wonder what is so different about lawncare franchises and fast food franchises. Do you think the early McDonald's franchisee's got the same type of advice as everyone here gives out? I know for a fact that many people have become millionaires owning other types of franchises.

There is a big difference between buying a franchise that sells a product and one that sells a name.

DALMlawn&landscaping
12-27-2004, 05:01 AM
my economics teacher wanted to buy a mc. donalds franchise place, and that required him working at a store, as a manager for two years before he could even open his own place, he did, and now he has three, he says its worth it, either way, you pay your dues.

Team Gopher
12-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi Turf Medic,

Do you think the early McDonald's franchisee's got the same type of advice as everyone here gives out? I know for a fact that many people have become millionaires owning other types of franchises.

If you are interested in learning more about how McDonald's got started. Here is a link (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=866;st=0;r=1) for you.

rkk95
12-27-2004, 09:22 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the Lawn Doctor in Pittsburgh sold the company to the employees and each one got their route and each runs it as their own business. I have been getting calls from former customers and signing them up without much trouble. In the summer they were all complaining about problems, and they were happy to refer their neighbors. I think that if they were smart, they would have all stuck together and appointed a manager that had control over the operation. I'm not sure if they go under the Lawn Doctor name or not.

Albemarle Lawn
12-27-2004, 12:41 PM
We give lawns the high-colonic treatment, grow perfect from the inside out.

$10,000 you can PayPal me payup