PDA

View Full Version : Making sure my neighbors still think I am nuts.

Itsgottobegreen
12-25-2004, 10:59 PM
True story. My grandfather like to make sure the neighbors thought he was nuts. So every Christmas he would wash and wax the car. Then cut the lawn. Even if there was snow on the lawn. Since he is too old now to do so. I have for the last 5 years cut the grass on Christmas. Well I did it again. My neighbors were out waving and laughing at me. One of them last week wanted to make sure I was still going to do it. Because her parents didn't believe I do that every year. Next year I think I will wear a Santa suit.

Any body else to anything like this?

pjslawncare/landscap
12-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Not yet, but I just started drinkin my home brewed eggnogg - well see what happens after the fourth or fifth mug full :)

jimslawns
12-25-2004, 11:55 PM
I've never mowed the snow!!!! I've hidden my own easter eggs though.

I'm not schizo, and neither am I!!!! :dizzy:

TClawn
12-26-2004, 12:22 AM
did you line trim too?

PLI1
12-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Three years ago when we moved into the house 11-17 the previous owners hadn't mowed the lawn for a while and it was tall and shaggy. It snowed 1/4 inch the day we were settling in and no warm weather in sight. So the next day I pulled out the 48 wb and started mowing away. God did I look ridiculous with all the snow flying out the discharge chute but I didn't want to leave the lawn that long over the winter. Cars drove by and slowed down to watch the idiot "me" mow away. When I was in the back yard I could see me neighbor peeking at me out his back window. When he got to know me good enough he finally confessed that was worried that a nut case was moving in next to him. We are now great friends and still laugh about it on occasion :p

yrdandgardenhandyman
12-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I just had to talk the police out of getting me a rubber room. I just tried to mow my lawn and there's snow on the ground annnnnnnnnd it's dark. Pfffffffffft Neighbors didn't like it at all. *Hic*

What a liar I are.

Merry Christmas and God bless the troops.

snippy
12-26-2004, 04:32 AM
True story. My grandfather like to make sure the neighbors thought he was nuts. So every Christmas he would wash and wax the car. Then cut the lawn. Even if there was snow on the lawn.
Any body else to anything like this?

He should have washed and waxed the lawn and mowed the car, that would have got em talkin. :p

STAN1366
12-26-2004, 11:02 PM
I love it! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a little nuts too! I've been seen working in the garage till 2am & then loading the mowers on the trailer so I can go out the next day. Since I work days, night, weekends and sometimes Holiday's and my regular job, working past midnight isn't unusual for me. Mowing the lawn on Christmas? My own family would have me committed!

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Got 2" of snow/ice today.........thinking about going out and practicing my stripes........yes........I AM BORED!!!!!! :dizzy:

Ecobjs
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
I think you could start a trend for next year "The mowng santas", I'll do it!

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 05:24 PM
I think you could start a trend for next year "The mowng santas", I'll do it!

So are you trying to say I am a Ho, Ho, or Ho...........LOL :rolleyes: