12-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Trying to figure out this picture posting thing

j fisher
12-26-2004, 03:28 PM
How bout dat!! I'm smarter than I look.

Carolina Cutter
12-26-2004, 04:02 PM
How bout dat!! I'm smarter than I look.

If ya need any other help with it let me know.....

Nice house......yours????

j fisher
12-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks, yea, that's my crib

Carolina Cutter
12-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Dang.......what did you do before you got in the lawn biz........musta been an important fella............LOL

j fisher
12-26-2004, 08:50 PM
I worked in a textile plant till they went bankrupt, but this year (2nd year full time) I made $20,000 more in lawn care than I did the last year I worked for them.

Smithers
12-26-2004, 09:08 PM
J, the $20K extra that you made....was that after the insurance, medical, dental and all the other major expenses were paid?

If that's the case, you made out all right and they did you a favor. good luck to you.

j fisher
12-27-2004, 01:20 PM
After all exspenses, my standard of living is about where it was when I was working public work. Looking for that standard to to drastically increase over the next two years. Yes, they did me a favor. They forced me to get out and do what I've wanted to do all my life. I was just afraid to give up the security of a good paying job. Turns out, it wasn't secure at all.

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 01:38 PM
After all exspenses, my standard of living is about where it was when I was working public work. Looking for that standard to to drastically increase over the next two years. Yes, they did me a favor. They forced me to get out and do what I've wanted to do all my life. I was just afraid to give up the security of a good paying job. Turns out, it wasn't secure at all.

I know the feeling you are talking about. I have a secure fulltime job...I am a Firefighter with the City. But by secure sometimes I think that its secure in the fact that I will pretty much STILL be making the same amount next year.....I am secure in the fact that I am "just an employee" as far as the city is concerned.....and I am secure in the knowledge that there is always someone ready to take my job or that a budget cut could do it.

DON'T GET ME WRONG.....I love doing the job (actually fighting fires) but my lawn work eats at me everyday........I am on here everyday.........I am always talking about the business to someone.........etc,etc.

Security.............or is it really insecurity.........that is the question.

Smithers
12-27-2004, 03:19 PM
i see what you guys are saying.....makes a lot of sense...it is much easier to go for it if your company folds than when you have insurance that you did not have to pay for, right?