PDA

View Full Version : Promote American heritage?

FNA LAWN & LANDSCAPE
12-26-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm new to lawn and property care...but I'm already sick and tired of watching every truck pulling a trailer with five+ Hispanic stuffed in the cab of the truck!! I wouldn't want that crew showing up at my home!!!

Anyway......does anyone on here promote their business as an " ALL AMERICAN CREW"?

I've just started working on my flyer's and business cards and was wondering if their was a way to promote that the owner (me) is a born and raised white boy??? Does it even make a difference to clients???

Being raised in a all American type of family, I'm just trying to follow the American dream of owning my own business and don't want some Illegal ruining my dream. Any input or suggestions on incorporating the "AMERICAN" theme into my flyers and advertising material would be great!! I just want to get the point across that a U.S. English speaking citizen will be taking care of their property! Thank you.

*NOTE* We have a local lawn care business run 100% by Hispanic and the name of there business is ALL AMERICAN PROPERTY MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!

elijahjames
12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
So because they look Hispanic they are illegal? Or could they be here legally and you still don't like them because they are Hispanic?

To answer your question I would promote the fact that you are local, reliable and they can communicate with you easily.

Don't be a bigot. Plenty of us are not white but I am just as American as you: born and raised, served in the Army, was a cop, and have a flag flying in front of my house everyday!

FNA LAWN & LANDSCAPE
12-26-2004, 10:58 PM
So because they look Hispanic they are illegal? Or could they be here legally and you still don't like them because they are Hispanic?

To answer your question I would promote the fact that you are local, reliable and they can communicate with you easily.

Don't be a bigot. Plenty of us are not white but I am just as American as you: born and raised, served in the Army, was a cop, and have a flag flying in front of my house everyday!

Thank you for responding. I'm not a ARCHIE BUNKER. In fact, I'm married to a beautiful woman from the Philippines. I'm sorry if I came across in a way that has offended anyone on this site. In my area, we have a "REGISTERED" population of 70,000 persons. We know that there are aprox 28,000 additional "ILLEGAL" Hispanic population that the FEDERAL INS "JUST" started investigation last week (this ILLEGAL population increased 4 fold in the past 2 years alone!). So after seeing aprox 400 hispanic men on the town green every morning waiting to get picked up by contractors...it really starts to hit a sour note in what I see. I'm sorry.

Back to the original question and your answer:

I like that a lot!!

Thank you.

mowin4$
12-27-2004, 05:27 PM
what you could do is take a picture of you with your truck & trailer and put it on your flyer and under the pic. , put "owner operated" and they will know who will be mowing their lawn.i have gotten many customers because the can communicate with the crew(you).

FNA LAWN & LANDSCAPE
12-27-2004, 05:53 PM
what you could do is take a picture of you with your truck & trailer and put it on your flyer and under the pic. , put "owner operated" and they will know who will be mowing their lawn.i have gotten many customers because the can communicate with the crew(you).

I also like that idea as well!!!! THANK YOU!

HOOLIE
12-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Yeah, the owner/operator thing is a great way to promote yourself. I find a lot of customers aren't necessarily racist, they just hate the fact that they can't communicate with the lawn crew. So just by virtue of being American you'll pick up some business this way. I wouldn't ever blatantly advertise your racial background, just isn't professional.