PDA

View Full Version : about those peltors....

sailinstud420
12-27-2004, 02:08 AM
I got me some peltors for christmas, they are yellow with a 22 decibel noise reduction rating. Are these the same ones I see most people using? I had a hard time finding them, checked, lowes, home depot, walmart, etc. I finally was able to find them at meijers(these are mostly in MI, some in IN and OH i think) of all places. I got them for around 55.00, but I see places like grainger.com had them for almost 100.00. Do they have different noise reduction ratings? Is 22 enough that you can still hear the radio over the beautiful purr of my 19 kawai? I think I'll try em next time i snowblow the driveway and see how they do.I also looked for their website, but found nothing on it about the worktunes.

fga
12-27-2004, 03:07 AM
I got me some peltors for christmas, they are yellow with a 22 decibel noise reduction rating. Are these the same ones I see most people using? I had a hard time finding them, checked, lowes, home depot, walmart, etc. I finally was able to find them at meijers(these are mostly in MI, some in IN and OH i think) of all places. I got them for around 55.00, but I see places like grainger.com had them for almost 100.00. Do they have different noise reduction ratings? Is 22 enough that you can still hear the radio over the beautiful purr of my 19 kawai? I think I'll try em next time i snowblow the driveway and see how they do.I also looked for their website, but found nothing on it about the worktunes.
i got some also, but not the yellow ones. i got the black and grey ones, thought they looked cooler.

TClawn
12-27-2004, 04:02 AM
they make black and grey ones? I thought there was only the "bumble bee" look.

STAN1366
12-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I've purchased 3 sets in the last year or so. All at Wal-Mart & all were different prices. The most expensive was $49 and the cheapest were $25, I think they were on a special clearance sale. They reduce the sound of the mower/blowers enough for me.

Mico Landscaping design
12-27-2004, 03:05 PM
my crew has the "new one's" i went back to the old one's they are louder..About the snow with them on.. Our side walk crew use's them when they are out .. They love them all year round :).. i am upgrading to those red ones they are loud...I still like to hear the machine's goin so ya.. that what i got to say . Basically i hate the new one's and love the old ones.. I dont know how they have lasted this long but yeah.. Happy new year :cool2:

rookie03
12-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Just received the Peltor WorkTunes that have a battery life of 140 hours of operating time. The NRR is 25. It picks up stations better than any other radio I have. The radio is crystal clear and easy to use. The only thing I don't like about it, the button to turn the station is too easy to turn and you can bump it off a station accidentally. Can't wait to use it in '05.

Scag48
12-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I bought the yellow ones with the 22 decible rating at Home Depot. They seem to work pretty well, I paid $50 for mine, seemed kind of expensive but they do shut out the noise more than regular ear muffs.

sethsodsquad
12-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Wow - I got mine for about $25 off of Amazon.com. They are the Peltor H10A model which has a sound reduction of 30db's. If I want to listen to music, I just put my earbud headphones connected to my mp3 player into my ears and then the sound-reduction headset over top.

Here they are:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009LI4K/qid=1104181840/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl60/002-1952291-8442404?v=glance&s=hi&n=507846

Seth

Lux Lawn
12-27-2004, 07:35 PM
My sister bought me a pair for Christmas the are gray and black also.How is the reception and sound on them?I asked someone that works at Home Depot if he ever used them and he said he had a pair and returned them because the reception was bad,I hope maybe he just got a bad pair because they will really come in handy and I can't wait to use them.

smlavin
12-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Wow - I got mine for about $25 off of Amazon.com. They are the Peltor H10A model which has a sound reduction of 30db's. If I want to listen to music, I just put my earbud headphones connected to my mp3 player into my ears and then the sound-reduction headset over top.

Here they are:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009LI4K/qid=1104181840/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl60/002-1952291-8442404?v=glance&s=hi&n=507846

Seth
Thanks Sethsodsquad. Just ordered mine to use over my Sony Walkman earbuds. (AM,FM,TV 2-13, Weather band)

cajuncreole
12-28-2004, 04:08 PM
I have had a set for 2 years. Take the batteries out if you store them, they can damage the headset. I am out in the country and the AM reception is lousy, but the FM is great, they are fine for cuttin grass.

Lux Lawn
12-28-2004, 06:44 PM
I have had a set for 2 years. Take the batteries out if you store them, they can damage the headset. I am out in the country and the AM reception is lousy, but the FM is great, they are fine for cuttin grass.

Thanks thats what I wanted to hear.

fga
12-28-2004, 08:52 PM
My sister bought me a pair for Christmas the are gray and black also.How is the reception and sound on them?I asked someone that works at Home Depot if he ever used them and he said he had a pair and returned them because the reception was bad,I hope maybe he just got a bad pair because they will really come in handy and I can't wait to use them.
larry lux...

i put them on immediately and the reception was so good, i did the peltor dance near the christmas tree! (you don't want to see that video :help: )

the fm was alittle better then am though.

Lux Lawn
01-01-2005, 11:45 PM
larry lux...

i put them on immediately and the reception was so good, i did the peltor dance near the christmas tree! (you don't want to see that video :help: )

the fm was alittle better then am though.

Are you dressed as Santa at the time. :)

cush
01-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Mine work great but are get to hot in the summer. I just switch back to disposable plugs when it's hot and talk and sing to my self.

smlavin
01-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Mine work great but are get to hot in the summer. I just switch back to disposable plugs when it's hot and talk and sing to my self.

Yeah, but I have a terrible voice and nothing interesting to say! :D I do worry about the heat though cause it does get might warm down here. :cry:

Creative Lawn Care
01-02-2005, 02:49 PM
I have the yellow ones. Reception is ok. Two things I dont like is they are very hot in the summer and they dont play the music loud enough to hear it over the roar of my exmark. Songs arent quite as bad but you can forget talk radio......