PDA

View Full Version : What name do you like #2

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Ok here are a few more ideas......since I couldn't post more than 5 choices in the first poll.....

Rhett
12-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Like the gree groomer. Most of your other choices I have seen on the side of other LCO trucks.

PrecisionLawnsInc
12-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Greenstar gets my vote. Are you going to use lawn or lawn care in the name?
Our name is "Precision Lawn".... Greenstar Lawn Care? How bout Prevatte's Greenstar Lawn Care. That way you will still be recognisied by your current name. Let us know what you go with.

Ty

out4now
12-27-2004, 03:40 PM
I've seen some really funny ones over time. The one that still sticks with me toady is this one guy that called himself MOWmar's lawn service. I saw it years ago at a light and still remember that one. Out of these I voted for clean edge.

promower
12-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Greenstar gets my vote too.

Lawnchoice
12-27-2004, 04:17 PM
You can do many thing with the star logo.

I like it !

Greenstar is the one!

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Check the other thread on this entitled "what name do you like" Leave the 2 off

Came up with some stuff for a Merlin idea after a suggestion....

rodfather
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
What is so difficult using your last name btw?

Is it pronounced Pre vatte (like Corvette)?
Is it pronounced like Prevatty (Italian?)
Or is it pronounced like Pre va tte (French?)
Or is Prev atte?

Just curious...

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM

Or is Prev atte?

Just curious...

Hmmmm the best pronunciation I can do by typing is Prev atte.

The main reason I was thinking about doing this is well..let me give you an example:

Realtree products.....not Bubba's camulflage stuff
Fed Ex...........not Willy Wonka's Delivery

See where I am going with this?

coastallandscapesolutions
12-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Tell you what. Try "Natures Caretaker". If it something that you run with I will give you the domain name since I own it. I have no need for it. I locked it in a couple of years ago when I thought it sounded good. I have no need for it and it expires in March 2005. I will renew it then if I haven't done anything with it.

Brian

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Tell you what. Try "Natures Caretaker". If it something that you run with I will give you the domain name since I own it. I have no need for it. I locked it in a couple of years ago when I thought it sounded good. I have no need for it and it expires in March 2005. I will renew it then if I haven't done anything with it.

Brian

I like that name....let me play with it and see what I can do.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Let me know...

Carolina Cutter
12-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Will do......I sent you an email about the other stuff.

jpmako
12-27-2004, 07:48 PM
I would not limit your Name to those choices.
You should also not put Lawn Service unless that is all that you perform.
Maybe Prevatte's Landscaping It is a more general name and people will not limit your name to Lawncare.
Here are some others to think about

Scapes
Natures Keeper Landscaping
Natures Hand Landscaping
Ground Rules Landscaping
Ground Breakers Landscaping

Jason

Travis Followell
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I voted for Greenstar. I also like the idea of Prevatte's Greenstar Lawncare.

jaybird
12-27-2004, 10:44 PM

Or is Prev atte?

Just curious...
rodfather i agree last names are good but rare nowadays. i use mine.

brucec32
12-29-2004, 03:15 AM
I think (and have some experience that confirms my opinion) that clever sounding green-this, green-that company names just get lost in the shuffle. People have a hard time remembering them and keeping them straight. I have friends in the business and I can't even remember their company names. So basically I doubt there's a dime's worth of difference in any of those mentioned in terms of profitability.

If you are just starting out especially, consider using your name followed by "lawn care" or "landscaping" or whatever. It demonstrates that you are the one behind the business and I have found that many many customers will pick you over some bigger company because they want that personal service that they just can't get when a truckload of the new-hires de jour shows up and the owner is nowhere to be found. The perception is that "Jones lawn care" is going to give more personal service. People have so much frustrating experiences these days with larger companies that I think they are starting to look for the more personal touch.

I suspect that many new companies may be trying to appear established and bigger and more impressive than they are by adapting a more corporate sounding name and even logo. I'm not sure that will go over well when you start doing the work and suddenly the customer sees that "truebluelawn, inc." is a guy, a pickup, and a mower. They might see you as a little silly if you come on too corporate. Not that professional is bad...just don't overdo it if you can't back it up.

Of all the other operators I have run into over the years, the only other company that comes to mind that I know of was one that used the owners initials for a company name. So when I pass on a job and they want a referral, guess whose name I give them?

GrassMaster84
12-29-2004, 07:25 PM
I also like greenstar...but it might be to original referring to the "green." You could try something more formal such as Prevatte & Associates.

o-so-n-so
12-29-2004, 07:37 PM
how bout "Clean and Green"????

caz1
12-29-2004, 09:35 PM
I did they same type of thread you are doing and some one recomended using grounds maintenance in the end of the name I like the idea alot and went with it all the people i know love the way it sounds. No a fence to the people that use lawn care but i think grounds maintenance sounds a little classer see what you think :waving:

Lakeshore lawn care
Lakeshore grounds Maintenance

impactlandscaping
12-30-2004, 09:59 AM
How about:
ProGreen
Mother Nature Landscaping
Prevatte's Lawn & Land

Mo Green
12-30-2004, 11:57 AM
How about Greenscapes by Prevatte, or Lawnscapes by Prevatte. The "by Prevatte" would serve as more of a subtitle.

bblawncareprofessionals
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Something you ought to think about before you try to choose another business name: There are already many business that have registered Greenstar (my own favorite) nationally, and, more importantly, two in your state of NC. Without throwing in some additional wording such as Greenstar Lawn Blah Blah, which kind of defeats the nice sound of the name, you're going to have difficulty registering it for DBA. One of the businesses is involved in environmental concerns, so you'd better believe they might think "legal protection" if you infringed too closely to their name. Who'd be knocking on my door if I chose the name "Microsoft Lawn Care"?