PDA

View Full Version : Moving stuff (revisited)

TURFLORD
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Several weeks ago I posted a thread and am just now getting back to it. My question was to move things or go around. I appreciate the replies as I wanted to know how other people would handle this. Generally I will move stuff even though it drives me nuts. Puppy piles get left in place. I mow around those. Customers don't like it... tough titties. I have a lady that wants me to move 2 lounge chairs off and back on the lawn every week. It aint gonna happen. I talked to her one day and said " It's something I just don't want to do". I'll send her a reconfirmation letter in Feb, but I don't expect to get her back. Some things I just won't do.

bottlefed89
12-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Why not just do it and charge accordingly?? Can't be that big of a deal, can it?? I always try to do those little things to be better than the other guy, isn't that a good way to keep a good name for yourself??

TClawn
12-28-2004, 02:49 AM
just put it in to your contract with the person that there will be a five dollar fee for each item that you have to move. also mention that dog poop will be mowed around if it is not picked up on your scheduled mowing date.

mtdman
12-28-2004, 03:40 PM
One or two things, I don't mind moving. Even if it's every week. But if I show up and the yard is full of toys, hoses, etc, that makes me mad. It's a disrespect, imo. And usually things work themselves out for the best. Either you dump them, or they dump you because you stop moving their stuff.

Soupy
12-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Several weeks ago I posted a thread and am just now getting back to it. My question was to move things or go around. I appreciate the replies as I wanted to know how other people would handle this. Generally I will move stuff even though it drives me nuts. Puppy piles get left in place. I mow around those. Customers don't like it... tough titties. I have a lady that wants me to move 2 lounge chairs off and back on the lawn every week. It aint gonna happen. I talked to her one day and said " It's something I just don't want to do". I'll send her a reconfirmation letter in Feb, but I don't expect to get her back. Some things I just won't do.

You must not be charging enough to motivate yourself to move a couple of chairs. What's next, are you going to refuse to trim, or blow off the driveway. My point is, it's part of the job!

In my contract it states that lawn must be free of items and debris that is not part of the lawn (lawn furniture and fixtures are considered part of lawn) and that we will not be held responsible for damage cause to or by hidden objects.

Lux Lawn
12-28-2004, 06:11 PM
We try to get are customers to remove everything off the lawn before we get there but its not always going to happen just part of the job.I got one customer with the same two wooden lawn chairs in the same spot every week doesn't look like they are ever used.