PDA

View Full Version : Lesco and new revolving credit

turf hokie
12-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Any one have an opinion on lesco's new revolving credit card?

What about them doing away with their normal charge accounts?

I am not signing up for their credit cards. Interest rate is sky high and no miles. I will stick with my AMEX.

Thing that has me a little upset is they say this is for the small business owner. I am one and it actually is going to hurt me. I would charge my purchases and then pay my bill on my CC for total of net 60 days. 30 from Lesco and 30 from the CC. Now it is net 30 b/c it goes directly to the CC.

Anybody else bothered by this or is it me?

Gotta love big corporations "looking out" for the little guy.

Garden Panzer
12-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Hawaiian Airlines does $1 for $1

You'll just get a visa to use and @ 1-1.......

Even I can afford to fly to Hawaii with my camping gear... lol

:waving:

philk17088
12-28-2004, 06:53 PM
I wont use it. If I HAVE to buy anything at Lesco it will be cash only and I'll ask for a cash discount. My other suppliers have better terms and appreciate my business.
The interest rate is extremely high. payup

DUSTYCEDAR
12-28-2004, 08:08 PM
not sure i like it
i think i will just charge it to my visa and be done with it why pay 2 bills

ant
12-28-2004, 09:17 PM
i will use my master charge and get a 1% kick back..

ArizPestWeed
12-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I just walk in and take what I want .
Phuck them !
lol

GrazerZ
12-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Called about this today to my local Lesco. It does not interfear with your current account. its just another credit card with 23 % interest!!! what a joke. its like those sears cards that people use. I couldn't imagine using a card with an interest rate like that.

turf hokie
12-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Grazer Z

I spoke to 2 people at corporate and both said that I could NOT continue to use my account as I have in the past. That I had to pay by check, cash or credit card if I declined the Lesco card.

Maybe they have some kinks to work out. I hope it is just another credit card, this way I can decline their card. I like the way it was in the past.

Lawnchoice
12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
I wont use it. If I HAVE to buy anything at Lesco it will be cash only and I'll ask for a cash discount. My other suppliers have better terms and appreciate my business.
The interest rate is extremely high. payup

Have you attempted asking for a cash discount ever?

philk17088
12-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Have you attempted asking for a cash discount ever?
Yep, I always ask some, times they say no but I have gotten 2% off for paying up front.
Credit cards are a suckers move on both ends. You pay interest if you aren't jonny on the spot in that 28 day billing period and your supplier gets hosed by having to pay a processing fee.
If you can't pay for it you can't afford it. payup

Turf Smart
12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Talked to a Lesco rep here and they said G.E took over the credit dept.
There is still a net-30 day account, as usual, and you don't have to take
the actual "credit cards" to use the account. The "old way" Lesco did the billing was equal to 24% interest rate if you figured it out.(2% per month)
The bottom line: take the 30-day terms and be sure to pay at 30 days to avoid extra charges! :D

Lux Lawn
12-30-2004, 03:57 PM
i think i will just charge it to my visa and be done with it why pay 2 bills

I put everything I need on one business Visa and pay it off at the end of the month.

The Good Earth
12-30-2004, 05:44 PM
My phone rang 6 times from Lesco accounts receivable department (G.E.) today wanting to speak to accounts payable. When accounts payable finally got in (the old lady) she called them back. They had our account completely turned upside down. They applied all the payments from the bottom up instead of the top down and paid off all of our invoices that were due 2-1 but let everything else go 120 days behind and charged us service charges. No big deal, simple fix. The rep on the phone tells my rep that she can't fix it because her department didn't make the mistake and it was up to us to fix the problem. That did not sit well with the boss. Jennifer is an accounts receivable manager as her 7-3 job and takes care of my office stuff at night. She went ballistic. The problem finally got fixed but the damage is done. Needless to say we are looking elsewhere for product. The one point Jennifer did make was the complete lack of caring or wanting to fix the problem that G.E. showed. I reckon UHS or Prosource One just picked up a new customer.

Beware of these G.E. folks. I don't see stuff getting better. They don't completely take over until January 31 and our account is already messed up. I can see this spiraling out of control for a lot of us.

goforgreen2
01-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Lesco quit caring for the small guys in the industry a couple of years ago. GE is an example of that, the transition was horrible. The best bet is to stay with the 30 day charge and then pay with a credit card. if they're requiring us to get the CC then it will be ugly. My problem is, I've used the other ferts in the area and do not get the outcome like Lesco. Worst case, I use a CC for Lesco purchases.

K

scaglawnsnj
01-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Any one have an opinion on lesco's new revolving credit card?

What about them doing away with their normal charge accounts?

I am not signing up for their credit cards. Interest rate is sky high and no miles. I will stick with my AMEX.

Thing that has me a little upset is they say this is for the small business owner. I am one and it actually is going to hurt me. I would charge my purchases and then pay my bill on my CC for total of net 60 days. 30 from Lesco and 30 from the CC. Now it is net 30 b/c it goes directly to the CC.

Anybody else bothered by this or is it me?

Gotta love big corporations "looking out" for the little guy.
lesco has the best fert and seed on the market

General Grounds
01-07-2005, 06:11 PM
:dizzy: i pay as i go, i hate getting bills

E-9 Lawncare
01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
GMJ,
I don't think anyone is questioning the product, but the operation, of the company.

Lawnchoice
01-07-2005, 06:56 PM
lesco has the best fert and seed on the market

I don't think we were talking about the quality of Lesco's products, but the way that they handle financials with their customer base.

PRGN1
01-07-2005, 08:35 PM
lesco has a decent product but when you try to get pricng what a joke.called for my price on a product then had a friend call as joe blow lawn care same price. im a small company but lesco says i get medium company pricing, im glad i checked. lesco does have some decent people working for them .seems like they dont remenber where they started from forgeting the small guy. try to join symboit they only take a few per market share.

lordohturf
01-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Clarification: You have the choice of revolving charge or prox account. You don't have to use credit cards. Either way, if you pay your balance in the 30 day window, you incur no additional charges. Prox account offers some advantages for multi branch operators.

qps
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
lesco has a decent product but when you try to get pricng what a joke.called for my price on a product then had a friend call as joe blow lawn care same price. im a small company but lesco says i get medium company pricing, im glad i checked. lesco does have some decent people working for them .seems like they dont remenber where they started from forgeting the small guy. try to join symboit they only take a few per market share.

Thats so correct, I quit buying from Lesco two years ago for the very reason, I could stop in three different times in a season and have to argue just for them to keep the same price they quoted me two months earlier, I still buy if I'm in a pinch, but only as a last resort.