PDA

View Full Version : New Toro $$?

J Berry
01-26-2001, 08:48 AM
Looking at a new Toro 44" belt drive, floating deck with a
Kawi 12.5 on top. Pre season price of 2900.00 is this about
right? This will be my first season starting out, and it will be my primary mower. I chose Toro becauce it seems to be a mower alot of you guys would recommend, and the dealer is close by, the only other close dealer sells JD.
Any info would be great

Thanks
Jim
Grass Tender's Lawn Service

lawrence stone
01-26-2001, 08:57 AM
I have the same basic mower for sale with a toro bagger for $1000.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1209854&a=11104797

Skookum
01-26-2001, 10:20 AM
J.Berry,

That is a good price. Last I checked on same one at fall, it was $3,500.00. Make sure you are getting 2001 if that is what you want, unless you are looking to save a few bucks by buying a 2000.

Barry
01-26-2001, 03:37 PM
Toro, Toro you will love it!
I just Bought a New one in October for Three Grand with a Kohler 15 horse on it. This is the second one I have had Bought my first one back in 92 and have been using it since that was untill some scum Bag liberated it from my house along with everything on my Trailer.
The newer models have bigger Tires and I think different gearing than the old ones (Much Faster).
Don't forget a Velkie on my old mower I had the original one wheel before you could get them at a Shop. This time I bought a Two wheel Velkie and really miss the one wheel.
Barry

lbmd1
01-26-2001, 04:15 PM
Hey Jim,
Where in NH are you located? I'm based out of Rye. Are you buying from Philbricks on the coast or Granz Turf Depot in Salem? If you're on the seacoast, we'll have to hook up. I might have some lawns to give you if you want them. That's a good price on the floating deck. My wife's son in law just bought a fixed deck yr 2000 toro 48" from a dealer who advertised it on turfquip for $2275 in Buffalo, NY. An awesome price for a brand new Toro. We've purchased four Z Masters from Philbricks so far. Jim and Mark in the service dept are excellent. If you have any questions or need some help, email me at LBMD1@yahoo.com

Mike