PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane or Toro Z??????????

K&L Landscaping
12-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Well, I have narrowed it down between a Great Dane Chariot 52" or the Toro Z-Master 52". Problem is, the Great Dane I can get for $800 cheaper from a dealer that I really like. My friend tells me the GD isn't nearly the quality of the Toro. I have used his Toro-Z and have to admit that it is definitely a sweet machine. He tells me the GD's have significant hydraulic failures. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate the input. Keep in mind that $800 to me is a big chunk of change. Thanks in advance for your response.

Travis Followell
12-28-2004, 08:12 PM
The fact that GD has more hydralic failures is simply not true. There is nothing that would make a great dane have more hydro failures than anything else because all the pumps and motors on all mowers are basically the same. Most pumps are hydrogear and most wheel motors are either parker/ross or White. There are some others but thats the most common. IMO the gd's are of the same quality as the Toro's. If it was me i'd go with the GD because 1) Its a dealer you like and 2) its $800 less.

K&L Landscaping
12-28-2004, 08:17 PM
That's what I wanted to hear Travis! He also said the Toro has a better quality of cut. Is that true or false?

Travis Followell
12-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, the Toro will probibly have a little better cut because you can fine tune it to your specific conditions with the Turbo cut deck with the adjustable baffle but the GD would also have a good cut. IMO both are excellent decks and i'm sure you would be happy with either one.