PDA

View Full Version : Michigan start your cutting

cutters edge
12-28-2004, 08:49 PM
When is your average start up in the spring.(april,may) Just starting out trying to get a heads up on the upcoming year. :blob2:

jtkplc
12-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Last year I started the second week of April, however, I didn't do any spring clean-ups either. This upcoming year I am planning on starting the last week or two of march with my spring clean-ups. It kind of depends on the weather here in Michigan. There might be snow on the ground in april, never know.

Runner
12-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Yep. We started the second week of April, too for all our cleanups. That was this year. Next year might be different. The bottom line is, get out there as soon as you can. People don't mind...they are encouraged when they see you out there. Everyone starts getting the spring fever, anyway.

MImowerkid
12-29-2004, 11:04 AM
by the first week in april I try to have all of my stuff out and ready which gives me a little time buffer to do repairs and get parts and all of the other good stuff that needs to be done before mowing starts!

CamLand
12-29-2004, 11:31 AM
We do all repairs in the winter when not snowing.Services start last week of March to start cleaning up branches and debri.Cutting and spring cleans depend on weather conditions but usually 2nd week of april.My accountant made it simple to start...Be on your first lawn cutting by april 15th...

mtdman
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
I usually start mowing around the 15th of April. I hate doing spring cleanups and usually take very few. Try to do those as early as possible. And as soon as the ground dries up a bit, I start my aerations. Depends on the year. 2 years ago we had snow on April 7th.

Garden Panzer
12-29-2004, 06:21 PM
How do you guys deal with that late start date? We mow in Feb, and come March weekly..... how long is your season? I mowed this last Tues....

:drinkup:

mtdman
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
How do you guys deal with that late start date? We mow in Feb, and come March weekly..... how long is your season? I mowed this last Tues....

:drinkup:

How do you guys deal with mowing almost all year like that? If I didn't have a break for 4 months a year, I'd go crazy.

Garden Panzer
12-29-2004, 06:45 PM
When I say mowin' all year long it doesn't mean that the grass is growing a few inches a week, but it's still been growing. There's hardly anything in the catchbag- but it freshens up the turf and removes all the little twigs and leaves... we don't normally mow in Jan. but have done so many times...
I guess the good thing about it is I never "winterize" equipt...
in fact our bulbs are starting to pop up.....