PDA

View Full Version : Attracting New Costumers

danslawncare
12-28-2004, 09:11 PM
[B]Hey guys,
Spring is close, and was just wanting to start a forum on how to attract new costomers from others to your business.

I'll start.

Advertise with flyers....not very effective though. :(

all degree
12-28-2004, 09:28 PM
You should try doing it on Halloween. Always a good time to attract costumers.

danslawncare
12-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Thats not a bad idea!

splatz100
12-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Word of Mouth, I think is the best way

jtkplc
12-28-2004, 10:07 PM
i agree, word of mouth. it's worked wonders for me and that's how i've gotten 90% of my accounts.

danslawncare
12-28-2004, 10:12 PM
How did you get accounts before word of mouth?

Garden Panzer
12-28-2004, 10:31 PM
I saw this guy last summer, I should have taken his picture...

He had his 70 something ford truck, a used murrary in the back, handheld blower, and a ryobi weedeater all on board...
He was standing outside a gated neighborhood with a cardboard sign that said, " Will Landscape For Money or Food "

I laughed so hard when I saw it that gatoraide went into the windsheild and all over the dash....

Maybe it works, I haven't seen him- maybe he's busy.

:drinkup:

KDLAWN
12-28-2004, 10:47 PM
I have door hangers this year that I am going to be using.. On Saturdays during January and Feb... I will be going door to door and talking to people and handing out door hangers.. and some during the week.. but I wanna talk to as many people as possible face to face.. I can do the estamates during the week..

parkwest
12-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I think that would be an excellent strategy where you live panzer All those bleeding heart liberals there could practice what they preach. ya know, give your money to the poor. lol

yrdandgardenhandyman
12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
I haven't tried this yet but, I'm going to contact some realtors and offer a $20.00 bonus for successful leads to people who are trying to sell their property and maybe need some sprucing up done to help sell. Might work, might not. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Has anybody done this and been successful?

Lux Lawn
12-29-2004, 11:20 AM
We do what everybody else does flyers-- not the best results but you may get some work,this year I am thinking of going with full color to really stand out because everybody around here use's B/W.

Offer a referral to you present customers maybe $20-$25 for each new customer they bring you there is know way to lose there when you look long term.

I am going to send out a letter to all of my new snowplowing customers this year thanking them for there winter business and give them a list of summer services.