PDA

View Full Version : Poulan? is it ok?

BLandL
12-28-2004, 10:46 PM
my local walmart carries a brand called poulan. they have all lawn care equipment u need. blowers trimmers chainsaws, etc. is it a good brand. just wondering cause its cheap and powered by gas. please help
also would it work for commercial use? thanx

out4now
12-28-2004, 11:05 PM
;) Go with Red Max, Sthil, Echo leave that Pullin stuff alone because that's what you'll be doing , pullin and pullin because it won't start. If you can in any way afford better equip do so, you'll be much happier. Everyone has to start somewhere but you'll find it aint worth it to buy anything non-commercial over the long run. Buy used if you have to.

o-so-n-so
12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
No........ :(

hosejockey2002
12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Poulan is cheap junk. I had a Poulan chain saw that I had to fight with every time I used it. If you use these tools to make money with, save your money and get good professional quality tools.

65hoss
12-28-2004, 11:08 PM
If you already have homeowner equipment you can use it to start. If not, DON'T BUY HOMEOWNER EQUIPMENT. Buy comm'l grade equipment.

meets1
12-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Nope - not a wise choice. A few more dollars and by yourself a Husky, Jonsreed, Red Max, ect. Depending on bar length and your uses, these saws will service you for a long time to come!

Soupy
12-29-2004, 12:11 AM
my local walmart carries a brand called poulan. they have all lawn care equipment u need. blowers trimmers chainsaws, etc. is it a good brand. just wondering cause its cheap and powered by gas. please help
also would it work for commercial use? thanx

You have to be joking! This sounds fishy, just because how you stated your question. We all know what Walmart sells. The way you put it makes me think you are yanking our chains here. I replied to your other post that is very similar.

If not, then you have no idea what you are getting into. You have that thought that it's just grass. Give me something that is powered by gas and let me at it. I suggest you spend all winter reading, reading, and reading this forum.

Stephen M.
12-29-2004, 01:35 AM
What kind of professional buys their equipment at walmart, sears, or home depot??? Geez, if you want to be professional, learn to purchase or lease professional equipment from professional places. :angry:

TClawn
12-29-2004, 02:12 AM
if you have a skeleton budget I would start out with one of the homeowner echos that they sell at home depot. there not the best but there not the worst either.

if you really don't have that much money this is how you buy commercial equipment. I would 1. get a part time job to support yourself in your first year. 2. you start out with home owner equipment (I recomend the echo trimmers, blowers and honda mowers). 3. in your first year you do NOT draw a paycheck. you use any money you make to buy equipment. pretty soon you will have enough money to buy a commercial trimmer than a blower, and farther down the road a 36" walkbehind mower.

if you have 15 sizable accounts you should be able to but all the commercial equipment that you need in a year.

btw, don't be what called a low baller too. a low baller is someone who undercuts the market really bad and undervalues there services. the only person you would be hurting is yourself. I recmend that you do a search on pricing and if you don't find what your looking for start a thread on it.

good luck. chris.

lawnchopper
12-30-2004, 11:18 AM
nope, Junk just as much junk as Weedeater, Mcullach, MTD, Homelite and Yardman that Walmart, Menards, Sears ect sell

Mo Green
12-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Since your equipment is what makes money for you, it's best to but professional equipment to do a professional job. The cheaper stuff is not built for the day after day abuse that comes with commercial lawn care. When it comes to equipment, pay a little more for a product that is engineered for every day use and you wont be dissapointed.