PDA

View Full Version : Expo for Applicators?

theyatesies
12-30-2004, 12:34 AM
I was wondering if there are any type Expo's for the applicator. The equipment and power expo in Louisville is great for the mowing man(I've been and it's great) but are there any for lawn and pesticide applicators. If so when and where normally. Can someone give me some info.

Thanks, Lance

Green Dreams
12-30-2004, 05:10 PM
From what I read today, there are only about 27,000 of us out there. Thats 550 - 600 per lower 48 states. You could do a show here in Houston and have 30 people at the most show up....

theyatesies
12-30-2004, 08:51 PM
There are about 3000 commerial applicators in the state of Texas alone and that is not counting the non-commec. which is about half that. So about 4500 in Texas not counting any other state at all and you say only 30 people will show up. Also I think the 27k is off. Either way there has to be some expo out there thats what i am asking for.

lordohturf
01-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Every year in November there is a Green industry Expo which offers training
and trades show for people in the Lawn care and Landscape industries. Not sure where the 2005 show is. You should ask your extension agent or
ask your competitors if they know.

GroundKprs
01-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Lance, in my sig line I have a link to state turfgrass organizations. I need to update it, but at present I still cannot find any state turf association for OK. I did see that AR Turf Assn went online this past year: http://www.arkansasturf.org/.

One reference for OK I did find (classes for CEU credits): http://www.oda.state.ok.us/pics-ceuhome.htm

And this number may get you a better answer to state meetings:
Jan. 13-14 -- Arkansas--Oklahoma Turfgrass Management Shortcourse, OSU Botanical Garden Educational Center, Stillwater, Okla. Contact Stephanie Larimer (405) 744-5404.

While I much prefer continuing education at state level, because of the great diversity of turf care across the country, there has been the national group PLCAA (www.plcaa.org), Professsional Lawn Care Assn of America. But they are now in process of merger with ALCA, as has been the pattern quite a bit lately (turf and landscape trade groups combining and/or adding more areas of expertise). PLCAA, ALCA, and PGMS have an annual conference together, and the GIE is the trade show associated with this conference - next Nov in Orlando, FL.

green tec
01-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Check out the GIE show. It's in Orlando next year the first week of Nov. We go every year. It's a great show.

Green Dreams
01-16-2005, 05:22 PM
I think I'll take the family and let them do disney world...