PDA

View Full Version : What have you been offered by customers?

alpine692003
12-30-2004, 04:44 PM
What did customers give or offer you guys when you do their landscapes?

I've been offered beer, food .. I want them to offer sex or something, lol..

I hear people hav been offered sex?

battags
12-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Unlimited car washes for my truck and my wifes Trailblazer.

Brian

GreenMonster
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
food.... yes.
beer.... yes

sex..... uh, no.

I did do a wall this fall, pics are here somewhere, and the lady wanted to add to the height of the wall. I told her it was two courses above what we had quoted, and what had been there originally. She whined, and moaned, and fussed, and practically called me a liar, then two minutes later offered us all grilled cheese sandwiches ;) ;) ;)

Lux Lawn
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Never directly been offered sex but I met my wife in a customers backyard laying out in the sun one day,does that count?

battags
12-30-2004, 04:53 PM
food.... yes.
beer.... yes

sex..... uh, no.

I did do a wall this fall, pics are here somewhere, and the lady wanted to add to the height of the wall. I told her it was two courses above what we had quoted, and what had been there originally. She whined, and moaned, and fussed, and practically called me a liar, then two minutes later offered us all grilled cheese sandwiches ;) ;) ;)

I remember that pic. Nice job, as I recall. Now, what did she put in those sandwiches? :( :(

Brian

Norm Al
12-30-2004, 05:11 PM
http://www.rightmoment.blogspot.com/Pics/free%20cat.jpg

GreenMonster
12-30-2004, 05:13 PM
I remember that pic. Nice job, as I recall. Now, what did she put in those sandwiches? :( :(

Brian

Well, we declined the sandwiches that day. But another day, her husband insisted on making egg and potatoe sandwiches which we ate inside while watching the Red Sox victory parade. :cool2:

They made hot coffee every morning for us too. All that said, the days I enjoyed the most were the days they weren't there. :)

rodfather
12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm, let's see...I got offered the door once lol. She was a real PITA anyway.

all degree
12-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Norm AL can you send that pic to me? If so PM me

alpine692003
12-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Unlimited car washes for my truck and my wifes Trailblazer.

Brian

How did you manage this?? You service their property and they give you free car washes?

Ecobjs
12-30-2004, 07:04 PM
One client made lunch everyday for a crew of around 5 (about a week). Maybe she figured if the guys stayed there for lunch they would get done fasters. Anyway it was nice of her.

Norm Al
12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
http://www.andreasfancydress.co.uk/images/costumes/batman_large.jpg

just right click on the image and save it!

richard coffman
12-30-2004, 07:14 PM
I've been offered beer, pop, food, free massage, and yes a i did have a customer once have me look at her yard from her bedroom window, she insisted on it. well as i was looking out from the window, she started getting pretty frisky and from what i gathered, really badly. i didn't say anything to her, i just polietly told her that i need to get home to put away equipment and feed the horses. she's a friend of my wife, so i sent her husband a letter the next following week stating that i could no longer treat his property. Allways better to watch out for #1.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner :D :D :D

mowerman111
12-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Well I have a customer that has been with us for about 15yrs. Well last year she calls and asks if I can come over to her house, says she has something to talk to me about, Well come to find out she wanted to know if my foreman and I would be pallbearers at her funeral. Well she is 80 plus yrs.old, says she is just planning ahead. So we agreed, now that is customer service!!!

alpine692003
12-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Wow, thats something ...

Are you going to charge her to be a paulbearer?

:rolleyes:

Lux Lawn
12-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Well I have a customer that has been with us for about 15yrs. Well last year she calls and asks if I can come over to her house, says she has something to talk to me about, Well come to find out she wanted to know if my foreman and I would be pallbearers at her funeral. Well she is 80 plus yrs.old, says she is just planning ahead. So we agreed, now that is customer service!!!

I bet she leaves you something nice in her will if she thinks of you and you foreman like that.

Lawnchoice
12-30-2004, 07:42 PM
How did you manage this?? You service their property and they give you free car washes?

I have the same unlimited carwash thing from my customer too. Never really use it, but it always nice to have for my wifes cars. I would rather hand wash my trucks.

They offered them up when I took the account over from a competitor.

mcclureandson
12-30-2004, 09:35 PM
I get offered checks quite often, sometimes cash...

J&R
12-30-2004, 10:09 PM
This no joke. I was offered a new house but turned her down.

the scaper
12-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Lets hear the rest of the story.

cutnedge
12-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Please tell me you meant horse.

1grnlwn
12-31-2004, 12:36 AM
This year I was offered pot. The neighbor lady had two large plants on her deck. She was starting to sweat it out towards the end of summer. Parinoid she stopped me trimming and asked me if I was going to turn her in. I said I could care less and that I had not even noticed them. I am a square in that dept. She offered me some hush pot which I declined and told her it was none of my business.

cush
12-31-2004, 03:11 AM
you watch to much desperate housewives

pgiambat
12-31-2004, 10:18 AM
After several years, the only thing I have received other than cash/check payments is a $25 gift card (to a mega-grocery-store in town) for the last three years from one of my crazy-little-old-lady accounts, it arrives a week before Christmas.

My wife and I usually take it and go have dinner at the Mega-Store's hot food deli, then go to the 'Dollar' theater for a bad movie. We try to see how cheap we can keep the evening. It is our cheapest date of the year. Pretty soon, our 9 yr old will be able to babysit the little guy and we won't have to pay a babysitter or keep grandma up late. WHA-HOOOO !! I love the green industry!!

battags
01-03-2005, 09:52 PM

Close. One of my commercial accounts is a touchless car wash. I do both lawn care and plowing in the winter for them. They still pay per service and per push but I give them a pretty good rate. They throw in car washes. Definately a 'win-win' situation!

Brian

JimLewis
01-04-2005, 11:50 AM

Huh? WassaMattaWhichu, Boy????

splatz100
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Yea how can you turn down a house?????

procut
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
If you say so...

J&R
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Huh? WassaMattaWhichu, Boy???? Jim this boy is 54 years old and i have a house paid for. I turned down the offer because first i don't need a house and i would not feel right about taking the great lady up on the offer. But there was a 100,000.00 check that went to Ronald Mc Donalds house.

JimLewis
01-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Wow! That takes an amazing amount of character to do that. I am blown away.

I am afraid I would have taken it in a heartbeat, whether I needed it or not. If I didn't sell it, at least I'd have a vacation or rental home.

I admire you for doing what you felt was right though. That's amazing.

Critical Care
01-07-2005, 10:36 PM
What would be nice is if some of our attorney and doctor clients would offer some of their services free.

Smalltimer1
01-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, let's see......

For the mowing I have done, I haven't really been offered anything except cool glasses of lemonade or water or sweet tea.

For the repair stuff, I've been given a set of American Racing Wheels, tools, push mowers, more wheels, and been offered a bunch of useless stuff, which I turned down.