PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Equipment

packerbacker
12-30-2004, 06:38 PM
What do you guys do to your equipment for the winter after your all done with the cleanups to get them ready for storage?

Lawnchoice
12-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Pressure wash

Grease all zerks

Sta-bil in tanks

Store in a dry spot!

sethsodsquad
12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Search for this topic - the search feature comes in handy for this kind of question. I believe if you look for the threads that I have contributed to, you will find this "winterizing equipment" topic.

Seth

packerbacker
12-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Pressure wash

Grease all zerks

Sta-bil in tanks

Store in a dry spot!

I had some guy tell me to drain the oils also so they didnt gum up in the engine?

Lawnchoice
12-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Might have heard that once but have never done that in over 10 years.

I guess it would depend on how long it sits and how cold your storage area gets.

I winterize in mid December and sometimes have them running again in late March.

cush
12-31-2004, 01:39 AM
everything above plus i change all fluids and filters look for any broken missing or warn parts. Remove batteries and put them on a tender. watch football and drink beer or listen to music makes all this go buy much faster.

sodgod
12-31-2004, 11:29 AM
ya i fill the tanks to the top and put sta-bil in the gas, change oil for next year, do a good cleaning of the equipment. i never drain the gas out of 4 stroke engines, only the 2-stroke. the seals could dry up on ya. its a lot of gas to fill the tanks but i'll b all set for next spring.

mownredneck
12-31-2004, 03:27 PM
I dont think draining the oil in a 4 stroke engine is a great idea. Knowing me i would forget to put oil back in it when i used it again.