PDA

View Full Version : Newbee here has ?

ezgro
12-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Just started doing fert apps.last spring took care of 7 properties, only did granular apps.and spot sprayed with post emir. I have a new customer this spring and the yard has some buckhorn, and a few other weeds, What would you recommend doing? preemirgent first then do post or post then pre and how many pres after that for the year? BY the way im going to use liquid then follow up with 5 granular apps. :help: Thanks

James Cormier
12-31-2004, 12:13 PM
Just started doing fert apps.last spring took care of 7 properties, only did granular apps.and spot sprayed with post emir. I have a new customer this spring and the yard has some buckhorn, and a few other weeds, What would you recommend doing? preemirgent first then do post or post then pre and how many pres after that for the year? BY the way im going to use liquid then follow up with 5 granular apps. :help: Thanks

Is this a test?

I recommend Pre & post at the same time.

Did I win anything?

Turf Smart
12-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Do your pre-emergent on the first app and spot-spray weeds if they have begun to grow. You will need to spot-spray again on the second app because that's when the weed pressure is at its peak. You may even have to spray again in early fall to control summer annual weeds such as oxalis and spurge. Pendimethalin is labeled for both as a pre-emergent but it's never 100% control.
If you are unlicensed, consider beginning the process to get one. Grow the fertilization business and eventually you won't want to mow anymore.

ezgro
01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Do your pre-emergent on the first app and spot-spray weeds if they have begun to grow. You will need to spot-spray again on the second app because that's when the weed pressure is at its peak. You may even have to spray again in early fall to control summer annual weeds such as oxalis and spurge. Pendimethalin is labeled for both as a pre-emergent but it's never 100% control.
If you are unlicensed, consider beginning the process to get one. Grow the fertilization business and eventually you won't want to mow anymore.Thanks for the info. I already have my license Like i said i pretty much only did granular apps and post spot treatments this past year...