PDA

View Full Version : Customer just gave me DESERTS!

RedWingsDet
12-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, my customer calls me up a little bit ago, says "Mark theres an emergency, come over right away" so i go over, and i walk in, and ask what the problem is, he proceeds to tell me he went to Frankenmuth for a few days, and then hands me a box full of deserts!

I have some really great customers this year, only a few pitas, but the majority of them are great, loyal, pay on time, and always do extra things for me as I do the same for them. I sent everyone an xa-mas card and whatnot, and alot have responded for me to do their snow and next years lawn and/or landscape work next year.

Also, who else has awsome customers like this who always treat them more then just the average Joe who has a mower. When I say treat us good, i mean tipping alot, and often (because of good quality work, not because prices are to low), paying on time, loyal, reccommending you to their freinds and family, and again, always wanting more services.

Anyway, I'm in an excellent mood, and this made my day, that my customers do care and think about us outside of their house. So I figured i'd share with you guys my good expierences with customers this year, and wondering who else has simular expierences and if so what did they recive becides money. Has anyone recived sex? lol, thats kind of inapropriate, but Im sure those horny house wives have given their lco's something becides cookies and money.

EVERYONE have an excellent NEW YEARS, DO NOT Drink and DRIVE, Be SAFE and Buckle UP! Tis' the Season, lets make sure everyones year ends on a good note!!!!

gramps
12-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Most of mine are great.Happy New Year to all.

absolutelawnman
12-31-2004, 05:52 PM
One customer gave me $100 and another some sweets and homemade trail mix. Some others just have me come over and do a little misc work to keep me busy.

dcondon
12-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Ours do the same. Hope EVERYONE has a safe and happy New Years :)

launboy
12-31-2004, 06:48 PM
Out if curiosity what is Frankenmuth? If you don't mind.

JimLewis
12-31-2004, 07:51 PM
I think you mean he gave you some DESSERTS.

Desserts are much more yummy than Deserts are. :D :D :D

Runner
01-01-2005, 12:46 PM
LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking! When I first read the title, I was thinking that he was given a bunch of sites that were bare with no grass.

Launboy,
What Frankenmuth is, is a town that is all Bavarian authenticity. It is a beautiful place with many shops, Inns, and restaurants. They have festivals and such all the time. There is a place there called Bronner's. What they are, are a giant store that is all Christmas 365 days a year. They have every type of Christmas decoration you could imagine. You can purchase one of the many "themed" trees that are made up with different themes (they have aLOT).

LLandscaping
01-01-2005, 01:26 PM
We have some good customers, one customer gave us $200 for Christmas and her neighbor (we also cut her lawn) gave us two large boxes of chocolates and $50 bucks. These two are our best customers: they always pay on time, very nice people who always complement us on what good work we do.

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 02:01 PM
I think you mean he gave you some DESSERTS.

Desserts are much more yummy than Deserts are. :D :D :D

LOL. Sorry about that. Im sure you know, when you get hyper you tend not to proof read things.

Happy New Year!!!

JimLewis
01-01-2005, 03:56 PM
What Frankenmuth is, is a town that is all Bavarian authenticity. It is a beautiful place with many shops, Inns, and restaurants. They have festivals and such all the time. There is a place there called Bronner's. What they are, are a giant store that is all Christmas 365 days a year. They have every type of Christmas decoration you could imagine. You can purchase one of the many "themed" trees that are made up with different themes (they have aLOT).

Wow, you just described Leavenworth, WA (http://www.leavenworth.org/) to a T - Christmas Ornament store and all. I didn't know there was another village like Leavenworth in the US. Does it snow in Frankenmuth? What state is it it? We go up to Leavenworth every December, just before Christmas. It's always an amazing time. Feels just like you stepped into a Christmas story book.

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Wow, you just described Leavenworth, WA (http://www.leavenworth.org/) to a T - Christmas Ornament store and all. I didn't know there was another village like Leavenworth in the US. Does it snow in Frankenmuth? What state is it it? We go up to Leavenworth every December, just before Christmas. It's always an amazing time. Feels just like you stepped into a Christmas story book.

Yes it snows there, its in michigan. LOL. I bet its all owned by the same company. Thats cool thought that theres more of these places, its so cool to go up there and relax, its soooo nice up there!

bobbygedd
01-01-2005, 06:43 PM
so, your client called claiming there was an emergency, and u needed to come right over? and, you did just that, and got candy for it? i'd be very pissed off. now, you know i hate be the bearer of bad news, but, your client thinks you are a flunky who has nothing better to do with your time than serve them. they more or less dangled a treat in front of you, and you jumped to grab it. i had a couple who requested my presence. they called and ASKED, "can you stop by, in the next few days....i have something for you."

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 06:54 PM
so, your client called claiming there was an emergency, and u needed to come right over? and, you did just that, and got candy for it? i'd be very pissed off. now, you know i hate be the bearer of bad news, but, your client thinks you are a flunky who has nothing better to do with your time than serve them. they more or less dangled a treat in front of you, and you jumped to grab it. i had a couple who requested my presence. they called and ASKED, "can you stop by, in the next few days....i have something for you."

Welcome back bobby, have fun in the wonderful sunshine state?

Well, he lives diagonal from me so he saw my car in the street so he knew I was home. And before he said theres an emergency he said "Hey Mark, this is Don R-----, do you have a minute?" then when I said "yea" he said "theres an emergency can you come over"

he a cool guy, and he didnt mean it like that. hes funny as hell too, he called me at like 9 am one day and goes "god woke me up at 2am telling me I should get my driveway shoveled so if you get a sec can you do it, thanks". now i do his driveway when its over 2" but it was only 1", but I did it sense he called and made that easy $20 for litterally 5 minutes of work :)

So bobby, maybe I should have stated the full conversation, so bad on my part there, but also I really wasnt trying to concentrate on that anyway, more on what other people recived as gifts from customers! LOL.

bobbygedd
01-01-2005, 07:04 PM
cool. i got some wine, some whine, and a few bucks

the scaper
01-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Lol! I bet he'd have a cow if you sent him a thank you note with an invoice for the emergency trip fee! :D

KCLandscape
01-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I get tickets to the football game from a client...my pick!!! And, very nice seats!

mtdman
01-02-2005, 04:34 AM
Frankenmuth is boring and sucks. Bronner's is way over rated. Birch Run sucks too. I grew up in Saginaw, I know. They are both filled with old people and smelly chicken.

When I was doing snow on the 23rd, a couple people gave me stuff. One of my best customer gave me a box of cookies that kept me going through the day. Another one gave me some hot chocolate. I too have some great customers.

:D