PDA

View Full Version : my opinions on the quick 36

TClawn
01-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I got a quick 36 a little while ago and I can honestly say that it has far exceded my expectations.

I will go through some of the things that have been discussed.

1. how hard is it to turn? it takes about the same effort to turn as my honda hrc 216, less if you use the hydro to help you.

2. how well does it side discharge? it dishcharges exellent. it was throwing the clipping three rows over. it would probably throw four if you took the discharge chute up, but I didn't tell you that.

3. how is the cut? the cut is very smooth. better than my hrc 216.

is there anything that you don't like about the machine? yes, there are a couple of things. 1. the briggs intek engine is very loud. 2. you can't get through a 36" gate with out taking off the dishcharge chute. 3. the forward/reverse lever is a bit too hard to push in, but I am sure it will soften up with use.

overall, are you happy with the machine? I am very happy with the cut and ease of use. it has cut about 15 minutes off of each lawn that I do (my lawns are about 7,000 sqft).

if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

btw, after 15 lawns there was barely any clipping build up on the deck. I'm not sure why, but I am very happy about that.

65hoss
01-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Excellent write-up. Good to see people that tried new things and are happy. Hope it continues to serve you well.

PMLAWN
01-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Did you use it on hills. Do you have any opinion on how it does side hills or turning on hills? Thanks for the info. It's comments like that that make this site useful.

TClawn
01-01-2005, 04:20 PM
PM, I haven't taken it on any major hills but the ones that I have taken it one it has handled perfect.

hulan2
01-01-2005, 04:45 PM
TC, what is the quick 36? Do you have any pictures of one or where I can see one? I have got to get a 36 w/b this year and would like all options known before I set my wallet down. Thanks

PMLAWN
01-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks TC
Hulan-- go to the link at the top of this page. Lower right hand corner.

LLandscaping
01-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Look at the top of the Lawnsite page for Better Quick they are a sponsor you will find there mowers on their website.

TClawn
01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
hulan, I'll get a pic of the mower and a pic of the cut that it leaves later today.

I would really recomend the quick36. it's a very tough machine. talk to gary at better and ask him some questions about it. he is much more knowledgeable than my self when it comes to the mower, seeing he's also the designer.

hulan2
01-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Dang! I 've been on this site for about 6 months now and have never paid attention to those banners at the top. That is a decent looking piece of equipment for the money especially for the hydro and electric start. I have been using a 52 Toro rider for the last 2 seasons and have not really had a need for a w/b. But let me tell you after about putting it in a ditch trying to cut the side of a bank, it is time. Thanks for all the responses and I'll let you know later on what I got.

geogunn
01-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Dang! I 've been on this site for about 6 months now and have never paid attention to those banners at the top.

LOL! those aren't just banners. they are sponsors of the site which pay money so you and I can come here for free!

GEO :waving:

hulan2
01-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah, that is what I ment to say Geo. Preshadit!!!

out4now
01-01-2005, 05:47 PM
TC where are the pics of the cut? :blob3: I think that these machines will get more popular pretty soon, they seem like a great value. Wonder when Gary is going to reveal this new secret he has been working on.

Travis Followell
01-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks for posting the info. Glad to hear your happy with it.

TClawn
01-01-2005, 05:59 PM
let's start with some pics of the mower.

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:00 PM

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:01 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:03 PM
the controls are very easy to use and learn. it took me about five minutes to totally get the hang of them.

out4now
01-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks TC :waving:

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:04 PM
now for some pics of the cut. the lawns shown were mowed two days ago. so there is already some new growth coming back.

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm getting impatiant with posting all these pictures in different posts. so just click them to see the pic.

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 06:11 PM
looks good, execpt it doesnt looks like it stripes to well :(

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
it's very hard to stripe warm season grasses. even the 21 honda didn't stripe to well.

hulan2
01-01-2005, 06:34 PM
TC, I notice there is only one drive handle. On most w/b's I see there are 2. Now, I have never operated a w/b but with my Toro I back off one side to make a turn. How does this one turn ;) ;)

TClawn
01-01-2005, 06:53 PM
hulan, there is only one drive handle because it is what is called a single hydro. it means that there is only one pump for both wheels. because of this, to do a true zero turn you have to steer it manually. the benefit over a belt drive is that you don't have to shift to go in reverse. the best way to turn it is to turn 90 degrees after you finish your pass and the put the mower in reverse and turn another 90 degrees, then go forward again while turning another 90 degrees. then you all set up for the next pass.

I know it sounds complicated but it is really very easy once you see it done. I guarantee that it's easier than turning a honda hrc 216.

Fareway Lawncare
01-01-2005, 06:58 PM
If I was throwing clippings "3 rows over" w/the 36"'s I'd be throwing them into landscape beds or hard surfaces.

Nothing but Mulch Kits on the Small Mowers.

TClawn
01-01-2005, 09:37 PM
fareway, your right. I'm in the process of fabricating an ocdc for it.

boatdude
01-02-2005, 12:55 PM
TClawn,
Thanks for sharing the information regarding your experience with the Quick 36 so far. Since I am also interested in this mower and there aren't very many other people with firsthand experience with it I'm hoping you will continue to share you thoughts on the mower...good and bad. I am particularly interested in how the mower performs in longer grass. Also, I know you are just discharging the grass now but if you ever experiment with trying to mulch I would be very interested in how that goes. Thanks also for posting the pics of the machine. Frankly, they show more detail that the pics on the Quick 36 website so it was good to see them.
Thanks.
bd

Braxton
01-02-2005, 03:29 PM
TCLawn,

I'm thinking seriously of purchasing one of these machines for a new startup. Would you reccomend it for that purpose? Bear in mind, it will be my only mower for a while (other than a residential 21"), until I build up business a bit. It seems a good deal, affordable, easy to learn, well made, etc. I've heard very little negative from people who've bought them.

Also, would it be possible to run one of these and a 21" out of a truck without a trailer? Or just the Quick 36 w/out the 21"?

Thanks.

Braxton

RedWingsDet
01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
TCLawn,

I'm thinking seriously of purchasing one of these machines for a new startup. Would you reccomend it for that purpose? Bear in mind, it will be my only mower for a while (other than a residential 21"), until I build up business a bit. It seems a good deal, affordable, easy to learn, well made, etc. I've heard very little negative from people who've bought them.

Also, would it be possible to run one of these and a 21" out of a truck without a trailer? Or just the Quick 36 w/out the 21"?

Thanks.

Braxton

I dont have expierence with the quick 36, but they sound like good tough little machines. I also thought I read somewhere that you can fit 3 or more in the bed of a pickup with the tailgate closed!

TClawn
01-02-2005, 05:56 PM
TCLawn,

Thanks.

Braxton

A quick36 and a 21" would fit in a small pickup bed with room to spare. your supposed to be able to fit two quick36's in a 6' pickup bed.

I have the accelerator catcher and it works pretty good. the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to screw it on. I'm going to try to fit a metal rod through and drill a hole in it so I can take it out by only removing a cotter pin.

I haven't cut really high grass with the quick 36. the most I've cut off was about 2 1/2". the engine didn't even know the difference. better is coming out with a 16hp engine. I would wait for that If you want to do heavy growth.

btw, Gary was REALLY nice. he took a lot of time to answer my questions about the machine and even sent me 2 spare spindles, a set of belts, and and extra set of high lift blades for free. I was amazed that he would take so much time with me considering that I'm not a very big company (yet).

The C Man
01-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I have the accelerator catcher and it works pretty good. the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to screw it on.
I have one too on my Quick36 but it doesn't screw on. There's 2 tabs welded onto the Accelerator with 2 long bolts going through them. You line up those bolts with the tabbed holes on the Quick36, slide them through until they stop, and then lower the Accelerator until it stops against the mower. Takes maybe 5 seconds to take it on and off.

boatdude
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
The C Man,
Have you run your Quick 36 in heavy grass? If so how does it do? The primary reason for asking is that am curious how effectively the mower discharges the grass since the area under the deck is relatively small since they use 3 small blades instead of 2 longer ones. This same issue was brought up by someone else (I think Soupy) who experienced problems with a small 3 blade deck (was not the Quick 36) that he was field testing for a manufacturer.
Thanks.
bd

PR Fect
01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
So, if its a single drive hydro, I wonder how it would go head to head with the Ferris 36. Its the only other single drive hydro that I have heard of. I seem to remember many digs at the Ferris.

TClawn
01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
the reason I don't think the farris did too well is that it was too hard to turn. the q36 isn't.

The C Man
01-03-2005, 09:14 PM
No, I haven't run it in overly long grass, sorry.

TClawn, what did you think of what I said about the Accelerator Is yours different somehow?

ed2hess
01-03-2005, 10:15 PM
hulan, there is only one drive handle because it is what is called a single hydro. it means that there is only one pump for both wheels. because of this, to do a true zero turn you have to steer it manually. the benefit over a belt drive is that you don't have to shift to go in reverse. the best way to turn it is to turn 90 degrees after you finish your pass and the put the mower in reverse and turn another 90 degrees, then go forward again while turning another 90 degrees. then you all set up for the next pass.

I know it sounds complicated but it is really very easy once you see it done. I guarantee that it's easier than turning a honda hrc 216.
I think this units hydro is like the 32" Ferris....if you are on a slight grade you can't increase the speed of the wheel on the down side. You essentially have to hold back the upside wheel by putting torque on handles. The unit will wear you out on even slight hills. It is also harder to turn than a two pump hydro but the unit cost a lot less than two pump hydro and it drives a lot better than belt driven. A good little unit to move up to from 21".

theweedman
02-28-2005, 05:23 PM
its a great machine. i ran out of the back of my small pickup last year. see pics..
http://www.sharplawns.com/quick2.jpg
http://www.sharplawns.com/quick3.jpg

it does well in the taller grasses, stripes the cool season grasses well. there is a striping kit for it now i believe. the bagger is excellent, i also bought the mulch plate which works well. i haven't used the side discharge much, but from what i could tell it worked great. for the price its a great mower, excellent cut. i got me a trailer now, and this mower takes up only a little bit of space which is always nice. will have more pics later on. what i want to find out is if anybody has purchased or used the riding attatchment for the quick36?

TCLawn,

Thanks.

Braxton

theweedman
02-28-2005, 05:27 PM
same here.. i've never screwed it on. it is easy to get on and off. when i gotta dump clippings i take it off, pop the back off, pull a large plastic contractor size garbage bag over the top.. flip it to empty. tie off bag throw it aside, get the bagger back on and i'm back in biz. a hell of alot better than my 21" honda.

I have one too on my Quick36 but it doesn't screw on. There's 2 tabs welded onto the Accelerator with 2 long bolts going through them. You line up those bolts with the tabbed holes on the Quick36, slide them through until they stop, and then lower the Accelerator until it stops against the mower. Takes maybe 5 seconds to take it on and off.

TClawn
02-28-2005, 06:30 PM
The C man. my accelerator goes on the same way.

just for the people who are wondering how hard it is to turn the quick 36. here's a video clip of the turning.

hillndale
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
TC Lawn-- Thanks so much for your efforts to show the Quick 36--- the .mov was very cool! I envy your location-- 12"-14" of snow expected here over next 24 hrs. Thanks again-- I have been interested in the Q 36, especially the new "super duty" 16HP

TClawn
02-28-2005, 07:41 PM
FYI, that movie was taken yesterday.

theweedman
02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
that was a good video of the quick36 in action, it should be on the quick36 site.. hey, if you ever get the riding attatchment.. would like to see a video of that in action. :)

FYI, that movie was taken yesterday.

TClawn
02-28-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't have the riding attachment (yet). I'm waiting for some other people to use it before I buy. shipping to hawaii was $85.00!

theweedman
02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
i'm holding off on the riding attatchment myself until i read some reviews on it.
mabee we can talk gary into putting up some video clips.

I don't have the riding attachment (yet). I'm waiting for some other people to use it before I buy. shipping to hawaii was $85.00!

TClawn
02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
ya, I already E-mailed him about that. I sure an E-mail from you would help as well. :)

lenster
03-09-2005, 09:02 AM
TCLAWN AND WEEDMAN

I see that both of you have had your mowers for around a month or more and I am wonder if you are still happy with your purchases?

I also am not sure on the operation and wondered if you could clarify somethings for me:

I see there is a knob on the right side of the control panel. Is that the speed adjustment and does it work with the hand lever to set a max speed when the lever is fully engaged?

Is it difficult to hold the right hand lever to maintain your speed and turn etc.?

I think TCLAWN mentioned the mower was noisey? Is that normal for a mower engine of that size or is this mower noisier than most?

Also what about dealer support? Will a local Briggs and Stratton service center support this mower?

I am a homeowner trying to justify buying this mower over a used commercial mower and would appreciate any input you may have on the pros and cons of the two.

I have a .75 acre lot with a slight hill in one area.
I have been using a 22" cut which takes about 2 hours. I have been mowing this lot for 7 years now and would like to cut my time down!

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
Lenster

theweedman
03-09-2005, 04:20 PM
that knob on the right is the speed adjustment, yep.. it works with hand lever to set the max speed. its not difficult to operate at all. easy to turn, check out TCLAWNS video clip he posted, and you will see how simple it is to maneuver. i guess that it is kinda loud, not as quiet as my 21" honda.. but hey.. its a lawn mower what do you expect? :) not sure if briggs service center supports this mower, call up quick36 and talk to em, they are real nice people. its a great mower, and i'm very happy with it. i've always heard good things about this mower. i guess it depends on what kinda used walk behind you were gonna get and how much you were gonna pay for it, because with the quick36 for just under 2k you get a single hydro, which i'd take anyday over a belt drive.

TCLAWN AND WEEDMAN

I see that both of you have had your mowers for around a month or more and I am wonder if you are still happy with your purchases?

I also am not sure on the operation and wondered if you could clarify somethings for me:

I see there is a knob on the right side of the control panel. Is that the speed adjustment and does it work with the hand lever to set a max speed when the lever is fully engaged?

Is it difficult to hold the right hand lever to maintain your speed and turn etc.?

I think TCLAWN mentioned the mower was noisey? Is that normal for a mower engine of that size or is this mower noisier than most?

Also what about dealer support? Will a local Briggs and Stratton service center support this mower?

I am a homeowner trying to justify buying this mower over a used commercial mower and would appreciate any input you may have on the pros and cons of the two.

I have been using a 22" cut which takes about 2 hours. I have been mowing this lot for 7 years now and would like to cut my time down!

Thanks
Lenster

TClawn
03-09-2005, 04:57 PM
TCLAWN AND WEEDMAN

Thanks
Lenster
'
lenster, I am still happy with my puchase, still cuts great and cuts my time down. one thing that I am noticing after having it for a month is that this thing is vertually maintenance free. there is only two grease points on the mower. if your a home owner, this thing should last you years. I expect to get about 4-5 years out of the quick 36 before I upgrade to the 16 hp briggs, hopefully, they will have a kohler engine option when I am ready to replace this one.

better now has a home owner version of the quick 36 out. same as the regular quick 36 but with a smaller engine. it's an option to consider, but the added hp is always a plus.

lenster
03-09-2005, 08:34 PM
TClawn

Thanks for your input.
Would you be able to answer my questions regarding the operation of the speed controls, hand lever I posted before etc?

Thanks
Lenster

mohawk
04-01-2005, 12:11 PM
The C man. my accelerator goes on the same way.

just for the people who are wondering how hard it is to turn the quick 36. here's a video clip of the turning.

Can someone repost the video? :)

TClawn
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
TClawn

Thanks for your input.
Would you be able to answer my questions regarding the operation of the speed controls, hand lever I posted before etc?

Thanks
Lenster

no it is not hard to hold the lever down in a turn, although I can't figure out why you would ever want to. basicly the speed control works like this, squeeze the lever, you move forward, press on the thumb lever, you move backward. to turn you just have to apply gentle pressure to the handle bars in the direction you want to go and the mower does the rest. it took me about ten minutes to figure out how to control the quick 36 from the get go. the only thing that took me a little while to figure out was how to turn using the hydro instead of using you body, as you will see in the video, it's realy quite effortless. btw, if you have any more specific questions, it would be better to private message me because with the traffic this site creates, I don't always catch every thread.

here's the video.

TClawn
04-01-2005, 02:59 PM
is anyone else having problems loading the video? I can't load it in my mozilla firefox browser, but it loads fine in the internet explorer browser.

theweedman
04-01-2005, 03:14 PM
did you get the step saver yet? i ordered mine today, it should get here next week.

no it is not hard to hold the lever down in a turn, although I can't figure out why you would ever want to. basicly the speed control works like this, squeeze the lever, you move forward, press on the thumb lever, you move backward. to turn you just have to apply gentle pressure to the handle bars in the direction you want to go and the mower does the rest. it took me about ten minutes to figure out how to control the quick 36 from the get go. the only thing that took me a little while to figure out was how to turn using the hydro instead of using you body, as you will see in the video, it's realy quite effortless. btw, if you have any more specific questions, it would be better to private message me because with the traffic this site creates, I don't always catch every thread.

here's the video.

TClawn
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm waiting to here a couple more reviews on how easily it turns before I order it. the property's I'm doing have some very complex layouts in the front yard, and wide open back yards. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to walk behind it with the sulky arm attached.

theweedman
04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
i'm pretty much going off of what mr. captain ding on the other site was sayin.. he seems to think its worth gettin. i will let you know something after i give it a go.. i got a few big wide open corner lots, and a few with a fair share of obstacles. i'm counting on the rider to be of use to me on certain properties, but until now, never considered whether or not the sulky arm would be in the way. .hmm. hopefully not. that would suck.

I'm waiting to here a couple more reviews on how easily it turns before I order it. the property's I'm doing have some very complex layouts in the front yard, and wide open back yards. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to walk behind it with the sulky arm attached.

Bethelboy
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I got my super duty with a step saver yesterday and have been mowing with it most of the day today. It definitely takes some time to get accustomed to but I honestly think that just since this morning it has become easier...like I have heard other people say on here, you have to learn to move more in your hips and feet and not try to power it with your arms.

CaptainDing
04-09-2005, 06:59 PM
I got my super duty with a step saver yesterday and have been mowing with it most of the day today. It definitely takes some time to get accustomed to

Especially if you've never been on one..took me a little while too but have it pretty well mastered now. I made a mod to my step-saver that you might want to consider...I took some adhesive backed non-skid tape and put it where you stand, so my feet quit sliding around from the grass and sand that kicks up sometimes. Check your zerks (grease fittings) on top of your blade spindles...I was cleaning out underneath the plastic cover yesterday and noticed the zerk fitting were hand tight, so I snugged them up. Good luck with your new mower :cool2: ...Ding

theweedman
04-09-2005, 07:23 PM
i'm still having a little trouble with it myself, its getting a little easier.. i totally get the concept.. because on the pavement, i can turn it just fine.. i get on the grass and it just spins out or won't whip all the way around... so.. i think i might be ******ed, we are looking into it. other than that, as far as the quality of cut, and how it handles thru tall wet grass.. it never ceases to amaze me. had some problems with clumping thru wet grass, but it was more of a mowing height problem, combined with grass that seems to never dry out because it has been raining like crazy here latley..

I got my super duty with a step saver yesterday and have been mowing with it most of the day today. It definitely takes some time to get accustomed to but I honestly think that just since this morning it has become easier...like I have heard other people say on here, you have to learn to move more in your hips and feet and not try to power it with your arms.

TClawn
04-14-2005, 06:20 PM
I wish I could put a proslide on it, then I could step off for the turns. I don't have the sulky, but the proslide seems to make the most sense.

since I posted the original thread the hydro has since softened up, and I have really become quite masterfull at the turns, if I do say so my self.

I have also gotten the mulch kit, and I am very pleased with it. I just cut off 6" on one lawn today, and it didn't windrow on the discharge side at all. stripes better with the mulch kit too. ;)

theweedman
04-14-2005, 06:46 PM
well, i haven't had any problems stepping off on turns. i definetly have to step off on steep hills, that hasn't been a problem so far. my thumb injury healed up enough to where i can actually use the reverse lever again finally.. that was killing my mowing times. :dizzy:

I wish I could put a proslide on it, then I could step off for the turns. I don't have the sulky, but the proslide seems to make the most sense.

since I posted the original thread the hydro has since softened up, and I have really become quite masterfull at the turns, if I do say so my self.

I have also gotten the mulch kit, and I am very pleased with it. I just cut off 6" on one lawn today, and it didn't windrow on the discharge side at all. stripes better with the mulch kit too. ;)

Bethelboy
04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I saw on another thread someone say that their step saver would turn 360 degrees, like under the arm. Mine does not do this....do any of ya'lls or was somebody wrong in saying that?

Fareway Lawncare
04-18-2005, 02:30 AM
Yo Kids and Your Single Drive Hydros...Spend the eXtra Money and Buy a Dual Drive like an eXmark TracerHP...Your Mother and Sisters Will Thank You...Why Go Half Way to a decent Mower ?

TClawn
04-18-2005, 02:52 AM
fareway, have you ever even tried this mower? I would really like to see pics of you operating it.

how do you come to your conclusion that that the quick 36 is "a half way decent mower" are you saying that a belt drive is not a decent mower?

for me, I would not, and will not, spend $4500+ for a mower that only has a 36" deck. for that price, I've 3/4 of the way to a lazer hp and half way to a full size lazer.

a DD hydro makes sense for a 48" deck and up, under that, it's a waste of money.

theweedman
04-18-2005, 08:58 AM
i've found the step saver difficult to use on grass.. 360 degrees? let me know what they were smokin because i want some too.

I saw on another thread someone say that their step saver would turn 360 degrees, like under the arm. Mine does not do this....do any of ya'lls or was somebody wrong in saying that?

Fareway Lawncare
04-18-2005, 10:16 AM
TClawn...I've used a Ferris 32" SD and I've Seen a Video of the Quick 36" Turning....It's a Heck of alot More Work than Gently Squeezing a lever on a Dual Drive and Doing a Zero Turn....Not to Mention Slopeability.

Regardless, as a General Rule...Anything that Costs More than What you Own is a Waste of Money.

Bethelboy
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
i've found the step saver difficult to use on grass.. 360 degrees? let me know what they were smokin because i want some too.

Have you used the step saver much on grass and still have trouble, because it took me a while to get used to it but now I love it and think it does fine

Bethelboy
04-18-2005, 10:29 AM
....................sorry that is how that should have looked, I learn something new about computers every day....

Bethelboy
04-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Also while I am rambling...did you guys leave the setting for speed just like it came from the factory or did you adjust it for better results? Gary told me that eventually increasing forward speed robbed your reverse....any suggestions?

The C Man
04-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Why Go Half Way to a decent Mower ?
Why not? Your parents only went halfway to a decent son.

SnoMan97
04-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Why not? Your parents only went halfway to a decent son.

LOL. :laugh:

TClawn
04-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Also while I am rambling...did you guys leave the setting for speed just like it came from the factory or did you adjust it for better results? Gary told me that eventually increasing forward speed robbed your reverse....any suggestions?

I got my forward speed up to about 6 mph and it did rob my reverse, but I use the reverse only when I'm turning. so no biggy.

fareway, a DD hydro drive has it's place, but not on a 36" mower. just like a single hydro has it's place, but not on anything bigger than a 44" deck. the differance between the ferris and the quick 36 is weight. the quick 36 is light enough that you could manhandle it all day if you wanted to.

Fareway Lawncare
04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Here's Something to Chew on...The Smaller the Deck the More You Need DD...Smaller Deck used in Smaller Areas w/Lots of Landscaping...Lots of Turning Lots of Maneuvering....Big Deck...Open Areas...Less Turning...

Point in Fact You cannot Turn or Maneuver an SD w/Differential Like a DD.

The Video Proves it w/the Funky Turn.

Regardless the Q36" is a Heck of a Deal if You're Looking for a Bargain or Something Better than a Belt.

TClawn
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't think so, I think that you have MORE control with a single hydro. maybe I just haven't spent enough time on a DD hydro.... but I can get super close to the landscape. I don't have the risk of hitting something either by over compensating on a DD hydro. btw, I do have a good amount of experience with a lazer hp and I still fell that I have more control with a single. I have had trouble using a DD hydro walkbehind though. I guess to each his own.

Fareway Lawncare
04-19-2005, 04:06 PM
After seeing the Video of the Turning of the Quick36" it's Pretty Obvious You Have Less Control...DD Just Gently Squeeze one Lever to Z Turn Machine...Zero Manhandling...Slope...Zero Manhandling...

You're Right About One Thing...You Need More Time on a DD.

SnoMan97
04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I just ordered my Q36 Super Duty today. It's now a three week delivery time because of demand, but I can wait.
I own a 1991 Ferris Hydrowalk. It is a single hydro and it is an absolute tank. Big and heavy. Turning it is not a problem at all. On slopes, close to landscaping, no problems anywhere. I don't think the Q36, being so light, will be any problem at all to maneuver.

TClawn
04-19-2005, 04:53 PM
After seeing the Video of the Turning of the Quick36" it's Pretty Obvious You Have Less Control...DD Just Gently Squeeze one Lever to Z Turn Machine...Zero Manhandling...Slope...Zero Manhandling...

You're Right About One Thing...You Need More Time on a DD.

Maybe I do....

but for now, I think I'll stick with a SD.

Bethelboy
04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
If you hate a SD so much then don't buy one and let it go. We have a 52" Exmark Turf Tracer HP and now the Q36 superduty. They both do their jobs effectively and I would reccomend either of them. It is not that I have never used a dual drive hydro, it is just that I agree with TClawn that the single works great on the Q36. Ever heard that saying "don't knock it till you try it."?

PMLAWN
04-21-2005, 09:24 AM
If you hate a SD so much then don't buy one and let it go. We have a 52" Exmark Turf Tracer HP and now the Q36 superduty. They both do their jobs effectively and I would reccomend either of them. It is not that I have never used a dual drive hydro, it is just that I agree with TClawn that the single works great on the Q36. Ever heard that saying "don't knock it till you try it."?
Bethelboy I would love to hear what you think of the Quick on the hills. Being in Boone I'm sure that you have to deal with them.
I run a couple 36" proline DD and they are very easy to operate but I still need another unit and have talked to Gary.
I just want to be sure they will work on the hills.
I tried to get one Monday and found out about the 3 week wait.
Over the weekend one of my guys hit a dog stake and bent the deck on a 36" so I needed something fast. I was ready to drive up and get one but none in stock. Ended up with a 44" proline which I needed (just not so soon) but I will still need another 36"

Any feed back would be great, thanks

Bethelboy
04-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Bethelboy I would love to hear what you think of the Quick on the hills. Being in Boone I'm sure that you have to deal with them.
I run a couple 36" proline DD and they are very easy to operate but I still need another unit and have talked to Gary.
I just want to be sure they will work on the hills.
I tried to get one Monday and found out about the 3 week wait.
Over the weekend one of my guys hit a dog stake and bent the deck on a 36" so I needed something fast. I was ready to drive up and get one but none in stock. Ended up with a 44" proline which I needed (just not so soon) but I will still need another 36"

Any feed back would be great, thanks

PM- So far any hill that I have tried to tackle with the thing has been no problem. What I mean is that any bank or hill that we had mowed previously with the 36" Scag or the Exmark is no more difficult on the Q36. I would suggest that you do make the drive to Advance and meet Gary. He will be glad to let you take the mower out and try it all you want and you could be sure that this is for you. I drove from Boone and it was definately worth the trip. I also have one of my steepest jobs comming up tommorrow so I will report back after that.

TClawn
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
I take it on a 15-20 degree slope regularly and it doesn't have any problems. it's not too steep, but I live in a vally, so not too many hills.

Bethelboy
04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
For some reason my super duty seems to leave a little bit of a windrow on the left side. I am using the gator blades and was just wondering if anybody else has this problem or has found a solution for it.

Scapegoat
06-03-2005, 09:33 PM
The Quick 36 looks like a great mower for the money. I'm looking for a mower myself. My only concern is their use of the Briggs & Stratton engine.

My only experience with B&S engines is in residential generators, and in my experience they are not very good.

Having said that, the engines they produce for a commercial line of mowers might be great! Big companies tend to put quality where it is a must and let it slide other places. Like SAAB or Rolls-Royce, I'm betting quality is higher in their jet engines than their auto engines, or at least I hope so. :D

Just a concern I have about it.