PDA

View Full Version : Should i lift the deck up?

sodgod
01-01-2005, 04:34 PM
I've already got all my equipment away for the winter bbut i was startin to think last night. Has anyone hear of or do put 4"x4" under a walk-behind deck to keep the wheels up off the ground? I figure it might help with storage, then the wheels wouldn't be sittingther with all the weight on them all winter long. Might form a flat spot? Happy New Year!

cush
01-02-2005, 02:21 AM
Seems like every year about this time I start thinking this same way. Then y wife tells me I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much time on my hands.

mowhigh
01-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Have also thought about it, but not sure how much it would help. The deck is only about 15-20% of the total weight (but then how long does it take to slide a couple of 2x4's under it - - less time than it takes to grab them, or type this!)

PLM-1
01-02-2005, 03:44 AM
i wouldn't worry too much about flat-spotting tires. they are only gonna sit there a couple of months or so. Now if it was gonna be a couple of years...that's another story. I don't even really winterize my equipment. I clean it all up but every couple of weeks i end up using it or moving it.

sodgod
01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Ya your raight about the time that its sitting there but i also agree with the time that it takes to put a couple of 2x4 under it..... takes longer to wrtie this form. O and by the way don't let what your wife tells ya get to ya, we can't help it if thats all we think about!!! lol

Richard Martin
01-02-2005, 11:42 AM
You usually only have to worry about flat spotting tires if you have nylon belts. Michelin tires are pretty bad about flat spotting especially as the weather gets colder. Even if you do have nylon belts don't worry, the flat spots will disappear as soon as you use the tire.