PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Lazer Z, Turf Tiger, or Toro Z Master

Lawnfella
01-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Can't decide. I have a local dealer for all three mowers. I have one 61" Tiger with 1200 hrs. I'm gonna buy a new ZTR but I can't decide on one or the other. I've only put one pulley and one hydro pump on my Tiger, that was at 1100 hrs. Other than those two items I have done nothing else to it. I have used a demo Lazer Z and I was very impressed with the quality of cut. Will the Lazer hold up like the Scag? I love the dependability of my Tiger but if the Lazer Z will be just as dependable I think I'll buy one just for the better cut. Who has used both? What is your opinion on the two. How about the Toro Z's? Does the Turbo Force decks cut well?

Travis Followell
01-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I'd go with the Scag because of the tri-plate deck and the shaft drive. I've never used one but i've seen some area's cut with them and they do a great job wet or dry. If you already have one you may want to try something new so then i'd say go with an Exmark.

splatz100
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
I would go with Exmark over Scag

Lawnchoice
01-01-2005, 08:32 PM
I would go with Exmark over Scag

Can you explain why you feel Exmark is better than Scag?

J&R
01-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I own both Lazer Z and Scag Truf Tiger. The Lazer will out last the scag. Lazer 1400 hours never been in shop. scag 300 hours been in shop 5 times.

s and s mowing
01-01-2005, 09:11 PM
If You Are Going By Cut,exmark Hands Down.there Was A Poll About A Month Ago,same Subject And Exmark Won By A Mile.i Seen A 7 Year Old Exmark At Dealer Other Day With 2650 Hrs,it Was In For Service And A Belt.

splatz100
01-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Can you explain why you feel Exmark is better than Scag?

I like Exmarks Ultracut Deck. Now if we were putting in Gravely and Hustler, I would not feel the same. But for some reason scag does not appeal to me. I do not own an Exmark nor a Scag so I feel that I am not making a biased opinion. Also you must DEMO and get a feel for which mower you like

procut
01-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Go with the Toro, I've heard good things about the Turbo Force Deck.

Lawnchoice
01-01-2005, 11:51 PM
You guys crack me up.

By " hearing " that a mower is good, that is no way an opinion on how it works. I you have never owned or demo'd a mower than how do you think it's " the best ?"

LoL

65hoss
01-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Can't decide. I have a local dealer for all three mowers. I have one 61" Tiger with 1200 hrs. I'm gonna buy a new ZTR but I can't decide on one or the other. I've only put one pulley and one hydro pump on my Tiger, that was at 1100 hrs. Other than those two items I have done nothing else to it. I have used a demo Lazer Z and I was very impressed with the quality of cut. Will the Lazer hold up like the Scag? I love the dependability of my Tiger but if the Lazer Z will be just as dependable I think I'll buy one just for the better cut. Who has used both? What is your opinion on the two. How about the Toro Z's? Does the Turbo Force decks cut well?
Will an eXmark hold up like the scag? Sure. But at 1200 hours on the scag you haven't used it up or taken it very far. Unless you have been hard on it of course. So if you are asking will the eXmark make 1200 hours, then I say Heck yea.

What should you get? That is a personal issue to some degree. You stated you like the cut of the eXmark better. So if you like the cut better and you have a dealer close by, I wouldn't hesitate to get one. It will give you 1200-3000 hours of dependable service depending on your maintenance.

TGIB
01-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Have you tried out, or demoed a NEW Scag or a New Toro yet ?

Since you demoed a NEW Exmark and thought the quality of cut was really great, don't make the mistake of thinking that Scag , and Toro haven't greatly improved their mowers also.

We happen to have a local dealer that sells both Exmark, and Scag. Just down the street is another dealer selling Toro. There is a large lawn area [about 3 acres] between them, and you can take machines over there and try them out side by side.

When these mowers are properly adjusted and their baffles are correctly adjusted for the turf that is being cut, and they are cutting at the same exact height,you can't tell any meaningful difference in their quality of cut in my opinion. In fact, the dealer that sells both Exmark and Scag is the one that keeps sending the customers out to cut with each machine, and then lets you try to figure out which one has the better cut.

The quality of cut issues that did exist 4 or 5 years ago, don't seem to be there anymore in the NEW mower decks for Toro and Scag. Why don't you try out each one and see if you can find any real differences ?

Tonyr
01-03-2005, 05:46 PM
The New Toro Z500's are very good.

The Turbo Force Deck is a extremely well built, extremely versatile, clean cutting deck.

I have the Z588E, 28 EFI, 60'' deck, check website to see pics of work scope.