PDA

View Full Version : Plow trucks?

John P.
01-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Has anyone bought a truck that was a former plow truck? If so i would like to ask some questions?

Lawnchoice
01-01-2005, 09:06 PM
About 10 over the years.

What can I help you with?

Lux Lawn
01-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Has anyone bought a truck that was a former plow truck? If so i would like to ask some questions?

Yes 3 in the last 3 years,two of the didn't have the plow on them anymore when I got them but I knew they were plowed with.

lqmustang
01-01-2005, 11:02 PM
My F250 purchased this past summer had been used to plow. Still has the plow with it, and I hope to use it again if the snow flies.

John P.
01-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Ok my questions are...........Do you think buying a truck that was used to plow is a bad idea? I have heard that its not a good idea because the abuse they are put through. My thought is you are pretty much getting a free plow because the seller never gets what he paid for the plow back in the sale. Have you guys had any problems with the trucks? What type of major, and minor problems do you run into with truck that where used as plow trucks?

Lux Lawn
01-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Ok my questions are...........Do you think buying a truck that was used to plow is a bad idea? I have heard that its not a good idea because the abuse they are put through. My thought is you are pretty much getting a free plow because the seller never gets what he paid for the plow back in the sale. Have you guys had any problems with the trucks? What type of major, and minor problems do you run into with truck that where used as plow trucks?

I think with buying anything used you need to be careful,have somebody check the truck over brakes,tranny leaks etc.I also look at the inside of the truck like if there is rips in the seats or burns if they don't take care of the inside you know the rest is going to have problems.I also try to buy trucks with about an average amount of miles on them like 14,000-15,000 per year.
Sometimes you can get a good deal on a plow truck depending on the time of year look for one in the spring or summer.I bought a 97 GMC with a plow on it a few years ago on the hottest day in July and you should have seen the looks I got road testing it,it was like I was from another planet or something.If you can't find something with a plow it's always safer to buy a truck with know plow and pick the one you want and add it yourself.