PDA

View Full Version : I cant wait to start!!!!

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 10:26 PM
I cant wait for the season to start. But we still have about 3-4 months until its time to get out there and mow and landscape!!! However, in about feb. ill start the advertising and getting the customers from lastyear who havent signed up yet, signed up. But we still have about 6 or more plowable events to come this winter, so I mine as well just keep my eyes on the snow instead (have 20 snow accounts). I like the income of the mowing and landscaping, but I like the thrill of plowing and not knowing when your going to be working, espissally getting up at 3 am :)

Anyways, is anyone else excited to get out there and start mowing!

Meanwhile, Im thinking of new business ideas, looking at getting more equipment, building an office next week with tile, drop ceiling, walls, 6 electrical out lets, 2 cable outlets, and 2 phone outlets. Its 10x16, not giant, but big enough for what I want it for. Oh and im putting in a recessed area so I can put in a TV and then put the drywall around it to make it look like a flat pannel, so while im doing paper work I can watch tv. Also, im going to put an L shaped desk in, 2 or 3 filing cabnets, a few chairs, computer, phone, bunch of other stuff, and maybe a couch for those times when I feel I need a nap and to lazy to walk to my room. LOL. It will be so nice though finally having my own area, and someplace where I can go in it, lock the door, and not have ANYONE bother me. Oh thats heaven right there, when ever Im doing paperwork of anykind, people always bother me (brother, mom, dog, house phone).

Anyway, I needed to get that out, all this energy to get out and mow, so instead I build myself an office. LOL.

Who else is excited to get out and mow and landscape for 2005!???!

Happy NEWYEAR!

bobbygedd
01-01-2005, 10:29 PM
i'll be getting a new smith machine delivered next week, and also a few cans to handle the aluminum. that's about it for now

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 10:31 PM
i'll be getting a new smith machine delivered next week, and also a few cans to handle the aluminum. that's about it for now

sorry for the ignorance (if ya wanna call it that), but whats a smith machine?

Thanks!

Smithers
01-01-2005, 10:34 PM
It's a workout machine...one that the bar is suspended on "locks" and you unlock it, put it behind your neck and do squats, shoulders, chest, etc....one in all kinda machine.

RedWingsDet
01-01-2005, 10:36 PM
It's a workout machine...one that the bar is suspended on "locks" and you unlock it, put it behind your neck and do squats, shoulders, chest, etc....one in all kinda machine.

DOH!!! I feel dumb, Oh well, lol. Thanks Though!

Happy New Year. :waving:

Lawnchoice
01-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Kinda looks like this probably

Bobby, what kind did you get?

bobbygedd
01-01-2005, 11:04 PM
that looks like it. i'm getting from sports authority, delivered and installed for like $750. i hate to use anything but free weights, but my biggrst problem is, i'm too strong. i need to do shoulder presses with like 120-140 lbs, and getting it from the ground up to excersising position, is bad on the back. also, doing bench presses with alot of weight and no spotter, is just asking for trouble

Up North
01-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Bobby, you going to use that thing to crush beer cans?

Buck

Lux Lawn
01-02-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not ready to go back to work yet I enjoy the time off in the winter when its not snowing.The thing about winter I hate is being on call 24/7.

JimLewis
01-02-2005, 04:57 AM
I cant wait for the season to start.

Really? Dang you got ants in your pants.

I definitely CAN wait for the season to start.

There are a few other things, however, that I can't wait to start;

My next Pina Colada.

My next nap.

My next DVD movie

My next playtime with my kids

My next vacation

My next trip up to the mountain to play in the snow

The next new release to hit the movie theaters (I've already seen everything worth seeing that's out right now).

My next good book

etc.

mdb landscaping
01-02-2005, 09:14 AM
ya i can definately wait. nothing sucks more than inhaling sand dust for 3 weeks straight while sweeping sand up. maybe this year ill finally smarten up and wear a mask. i swear i get wicked sick every spring. maybe this year will be different cause ill have my people handle it lol :cool2:

all degree
01-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Mark I think that you enthusiasm is great but I have been reading your posts for some time and I think you are making a key mistake.

You are constantly buying and selling equipment and trying to get all the toys. Stop worrying about that crap and just use what you have until the wheels fall off. MAKE MONEY and stop collecting trailers, trucks, and machines. I am telling you look at what your doing with your cash and how you are tying it up.

The C Man
01-02-2005, 11:55 AM
i hate to use anything but free weights

Then you should have gotten a power rack. All the benefits of free weights with built in safety spotters. Smith machines lock you into one plane of movement which isn't natural.

http://newyorkbarbells.tv/92563gra.gif

bobbygedd
01-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Then you should have gotten a power rack. All the benefits of free weights with built in safety spotters. Smith machines lock you into one plane of movement which isn't natural.

http://newyorkbarbells.tv/92563gra.gif
you are correct, i agree 100%. but, this is what i will do, ex using shoulder presses: use heavy weight on smith machine, quickly followed by lighter weight free bar in a "superset" like fashion. you'll get another pic end of february. the perfect lawn mowing machine part 2