PDA

View Full Version : Fueling up mowers in a box truck

Tadams
01-01-2005, 11:13 PM
This question is for the guys that have box trucks: When you fill up your mowers, do you do it all with gas cans or is there a way to mount an external gas tank under the box so you can fill up? I'm considering buying one before the season starts and was going over all the pros and cons and this one has got me stumped. It will be a diesel so I couldn't tap into the trucks fuel supply and fill the mowers up. I don't want to unload all the equipment and gas up-that seems like a lot of wasted time and I don't want to fill up 4 or 5 gas cans and then go into the the box and fill up the mowers and then fill them up again for spare gas. That's too redundant to be effective. How do you guys do it. I did a search and the only thing I found was a guy that took a portable air tank and rigged it up for 2-stroke gas.

out4now
01-02-2005, 12:14 AM
There was one company called super trucks or something like that that comes with an external tank. I'll see if I still have the brouchure and give you the exact name and website.

tinman
01-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Some stations hoses are long enough to reach my mowers thru the side door,,, if not I just fill up the cans.

PLM-1
01-02-2005, 01:48 AM
SLT's website is at the top of the page on the left. I like the idea of those external tanks...hold like 40 gallons!

mx495
01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I use an enclosed trailer and had that problem. I bought some small access panels for an RV. They are used for generator doors, access to sewer hook up, etc. They are made as big as you want down to about 4"x4". Just cut a hole in the side of the van, put some caulking around the panal and screw it in. They come with keyed locks if you need them. Just feed the gas hose through. I put two in my trailer, but it is 18 ft long. You can find them on ebay if not local. Click the link.

fuel door (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4516927728&category=50069)