PDA

View Full Version : How To get commercial contracts

shaughnessylawn
01-02-2005, 03:16 PM
To who ever can help, How did you find companys ,contact them, what did you need to give to them, and anything else yall think that would help thank you, Biz

alpine692003
01-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Well,

1) Find a property management company under your yellow pages in your area and just contact them and ask for a property manager.. Ask them if they are accepting bids for properties they manage..

Thats how I did it!

ed2hess
01-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Well,

1) Find a property management company under your yellow pages in your area and just contact them and ask for a property manager.. Ask them if they are accepting bids for properties they manage..

Thats how I did it!
Yep that is the way....keep in mind often they want to know if you do irrigation, fert, mulch, weeding, insects, etc, etc. They also want liability insurance and injury insurance. And...they usually have a list of favorities they work with so you need to work both property mgr and the potential customer to get jobs. Bidding is very intense...we almost do mowing at cost to get jobs for the extra stuff like irrigation repair, new landscape, drainage, flowers, fertilize, lawns disease control etc etc.

Grass Gator
01-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Property managers work great.

Look also for real estate companies that deal with commercial properties...

Apartment companies usually are done through the management company. Apartmentguide.com is a good source....

Many fast food places are done through their District Managers. Contact one of the local stores and ask for their contact info....

These have worked for me.....at least to get my foot in the door.

procut
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Direct mailings usually work o.k. Occasionally, if a new business is built i will send them one. The document i use is kind of like a flyer, but gives the personal feeling of a letter. If you can find out the managers name that works good to. Include some info about your company; and you can either give a price for mowing (because you've already seen it) or say to contact you for a free estimate. This stragagy has landed me a few commercial jobs.

shaughnessylawn
01-02-2005, 04:11 PM
thank you will try all of that