PDA

View Full Version : everyone thats bored say I

sodgod
01-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Who's bored otta there mind right now. No snow, no growing grass growing, nothing on TVno equipment to be running. I hate this time of year.

Grass Gator
01-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Be a good time to hit the beach then huh???

Lawnchoice
01-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I guess bored of not having grass to mow and properties to maintain, but I try and keep busy.

Send out a 2005 winter newsletter to your customer base. If you have things that you are good at in the house, let them know what it is.

I am painting the interior of a 3000sq ft house in the next week. Trees to cut in Feb, prunings, etc.

I can't stand doing nothing during the winter. I know how you feel.

grassyfras
01-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Im in the process of going legit right niw. I rather be mowing and doing **** jobs for ten bucks an hour right now. Anyone want to hire me?

splatz100
01-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I am realllly bored

o-so-n-so
01-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I have not slowed down yet, I grossed $2700.00 last week in completed jobs which were mostly leaf clean ups. Thats great for week 52 in comparison to past years. I'll getter done next week and will be in Gatlinburg, Tenn on the 12th thru the 15th of Jan. for some R&R.

midtnstone
01-02-2005, 10:27 PM
o-so-n-so where in alabama are you located. if you a univ. of al. fan be sure to stop by knoxville and shake phil fulmer's hand. just joking have a good time in gatlinburg.

o-so-n-so
01-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm in Cullman County. Phil Fulmer.... who's that?

just kiddin.. :D Roll Tide to ya. :D

cantoo
01-02-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't really have time to be bored. I always have projects on the go so I can do different things. Right now I am welding up another 18' trailer, just finished building two snow blades for my steiners and made an attachment so I can put my 3 point hitch blade on a forklift at work to back drag snow.
Tomorrow at my day job I have 50 guys coming back to work after a short layoff. Back to the grind already I was hoping for a longer "rest". I still have lots of stuff I want to make for next summer. Today I installed a new basement stair door that my wife has been bugging me about for two years. I try to not do anything around the house if possible. :)

tinman
02-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Bored here...TV absolutely sux.

out4now
02-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I wish I had time to be bored like I was a month ago. Too busy with classes now.

wissel_landscaping
02-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Very bored here. just finished watching shark tale for the 5th time with the kids.

QualityLawnCare4u
02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
I!! I!! I!! Wished bored was all that I was. Flat broke and have 2 loans due the 15th that aint gonna get paid.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm enjoying the time off. I enjoy it more with each passing season. I'm never really truely bored either. If I were I'd be worried to the point I would start trying to cultivate something.

I can't believe some of you hate this time of year. I guess it depends on how you look at things. I have two ways of looking at this time of year. One, I enjoy the time off during this time of year once I get my tax stuff done and begin planning for the upcoming season. Two, lots of other people have just finished up with their taxes as well. So there's a lot of money out there burning a hole in people's pockets!!!

I'm just the right guy to call if you have that problem!
Calls started coming in last week!
:D

QualityLawnCare4u
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I have not slowed down yet, I grossed $2700.00 last week in completed jobs which were mostly leaf clean ups. Thats great for week 52 in comparison to past years. I'll getter done next week and will be in Gatlinburg, Tenn on the 12th thru the 15th of Jan. for some R&R.

Man, I would be a happy camper if I had grossed 2700 since Dec. 1. This is the worst I have ever seen it here. Have got 2 job interviews this week for part time.

jtkplc
02-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Yep, bored here. Watched a lot of Dr. Phil lately. Went out to my grandparents where I store my equipment and sat and ran my mower. Oh, how I want to get out there and start this year. In fact 9 weeks from tomorrow is my projected first day of mowing up here in Michigan.

lawnprosteveo
02-13-2005, 11:53 PM
We're getting busy with flower bed cleanups, doing bids for small landscaping jobs, getting our contracts signed and filed...gearing up for March ads...this should be a great year!

GetSomeGOJO
02-13-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm too worried to be bored! We just bought $1000 worth of tires for out outta work Skid Steer becuse a client said she'd need out help/our machine. Now... You guessed it! She's bailing!

Someone said something about welding on a trailer, yup... Fixing crappy welds my partner made. He's a little too pridefull on his proficiency and can't swallow that his welds are cracking. I just fix 'em in my spare time. It's ok, in all other respects, I love the guy to death!

Not enough snow.

I spend a lot of time not sleeping 'cause I start scheming for the new season! C'mon grass! Start growin'!

The C Man
02-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Man, I just don't understand you guys - don't you have HOBBIES? I'm never bored. I play guitar, listen to music, do some woodworking, go do something with friends, go to the park with the dog. Hell, call someone you haven't talked to in a while and say hi. Sitting around hoping the 'powers that be' have selected some television programming that meets your tastes sounds pretty bleak to me.

LLandscaping
02-14-2005, 01:06 AM
We are staying busy, my brother and I go to college two days a week and work about 1 day a week right now. We have a lot of maintenance that needs to be done on our equipment and blades and chainsaw chains to sharpen. We are also in the process of incorporating and getting a company logo designed. More than anything we are missing the cash flow but we are looking forward to getting back in full force. We only have about 5 more weeks till our season starts.

Itsgottobegreen
02-14-2005, 01:44 AM
I got so bored I decided to do some winter maintain of my one of my standers. Well lets just say I got really bored since the engine and hydraulic system is on the work bench. The rest of the parts are in a pile waiting to be repainted since I when and sandblasted every part. So basically I am rebuilding one of my standers.

NO SNOW :cry: I am starting to go broke. Would someone please buy my sentar so I can pay some bills. I wish spring would show up.

jajwrigh
02-14-2005, 01:47 AM
bored to tears here as well....starting to communicate with a few new customers though...

lawn_pro
02-14-2005, 05:27 AM
Real bored here also, not much snow. Ready to get out and start mowing again.

Soupy
02-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Bored isn't the word. Cabin fever more like it. I forgot what the outside world is like. I look forward to trips to the grocery store. I'm going to start handing out door hangers next week.

Richard Martin
02-14-2005, 07:00 AM
I don't have time to be bored. Besides doing 1,000 things around the house that don't get done during the "season" there are making final plans to move my second home to North Carolina (it's a trailer, like NC needed another one), a little bit of side work etc....

slow release
02-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Here's something to look forward to----School vacation is next week!!So much for peace and quiet around the house! :drinkup:

Charles
02-14-2005, 08:53 AM
I am so bored, I am posting outside the OT HAHAHAHA :cry:

I am also not positive about the New Year with 1000s of textile workers still being laid off at a rapid pace. I am sure most of them will go into Lawncare like they have been

rodfather
02-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Highlight of my day is going to the Post Office for any mail...that should tell ya something.

HOMER
02-14-2005, 09:30 AM
I!! I!! I!! Wished bored was all that I was. Flat broke and have 2 loans due the 15th that aint gonna get paid.

I feel your pain Poor Man. :cry:

Every day brings me closer to the day I wanna do something foolish!

Lost 3-4000 a month in Sept. when the people I was contracting with lost their contract. Real fine time to lose that kinda money.........no time to react and pick it back up.

Shoulda known better.

Ya...........I'm bored, pissed, angry, broke, and in general not a happy frickin' camper! :angry:

Life goes on.

and on

and on

and on.

all ferris
02-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm not bored because I have projects to keep me busy. However, It sux not having any income right now. I cringe at spending money this time of year and it seems like any extracurricular activity costs $$$. Oh well, money will start rolling in in the next month or 2.

Jusmowin
02-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I was pretty board, so I took a job at a feed store for a few days a week. Its not much pay but it is close to my house and I like the extra money(what little it is!) It does also give me a pretty good work out slinging 50 and 60 pound dog and bird food bags around for 6 hours a day. Although at the end of the month I am quiting to get my lawn season amped up and rolling to make some real money!

Idle hands make the devils work ........So atleast try and look busy !

Richard Martin
02-14-2005, 05:10 PM
I am so bored, I am posting outside the OT HAHAHAHA :cry:

Long time, no see Charles.

Precision PLC
02-14-2005, 05:21 PM
get married you'll never be bored she'll find something for you to do. better yet don't get married and stay bored. :cry:

Mycannon
02-14-2005, 06:02 PM
I just Play some video games for about a month while I'm off

PMLAWN
02-14-2005, 06:17 PM
You are all lucky. I wish I could be bored for a day or two. Been so busy that I have not had a chance to pull guys off jobs to get the equipment ready for mowing. And that is 4 weeks away. We are doing clean up now and actually cut a lawn today. Lots of mulch and needles. Billed about $25K in landscape in January and will do more than that in Feb. Pre-Em starts next week,
I have John Deere training in Orl. Thursday and Fri. and I am going to have a hard time finding the time to go. Doing about 4 Est. a day too and it is not even the rush time for that yet.
Mowing season will be a break for me- nice and steady.
Happy 05

rodfather
02-14-2005, 06:21 PM
You are all lucky. I wish I could be bored for a day or two. Been so busy that I have not had a chance to pull guys off jobs to get the equipment ready for mowing. And that is 4 weeks away. We are doing clean up now and actually cut a lawn today. Lots of mulch and needles. Billed about $25K in landscape in January and will do more than that in Feb. Pre-Em starts next week,
I have John Deere training in Orl. Thursday and Fri. and I am going to have a hard time finding the time to go. Doing about 4 Est. a day too and it is not even the rush time for that yet.
Mowing season will be a break for me- nice and steady.
Happy 05

Yup like I've been saying, I gotta move to the Carolinas real soon...

sunturf
02-14-2005, 06:41 PM
im in morgan county bud

PMLAWN
02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Yup like I've been saying, I gotta move to the Carolinas real soon...
I am just north of Charlotte in the Lake Norman area. There is a tremendous amount of building going on here. With in 5 miles of my house there are more than 40 new home subdivisions going up. There is one with over 2000 housing units in it (condo/townhome/single family) Our high school is 2 years old and they are building 2 more in the area. The growth is unbelieveable.
I am trying to get 2 more maintenance rigs up this year so we are pushing flyers hard. I have been getting about 4 calls a day so far and we are still a month away from the season.
A few threads back we joked about moving here but to be honest I don't think there is enough LCO's to handle the load. Everyone I know around here who wants to be working, is. I also have not had any problem getting fair prices. I close about 1 in 4 leads which I feel is a good rate and a sign that I am about right in the price area.
Oh and by the way, The last 2 people that moved to my block were from Jersey.
Times are good here too. I have been selling boats at the winter boat shows around here the last few years but did not this year. My buddy that works there said that last weekend he sold 28 boats. And most were 25'+. He is one of about 20 boat dealers around here and they are all doing good.
Come on down, Just don't bring TOO many others.

gaulk
02-14-2005, 07:21 PM
just found out what the school was paying to have all the turf mowed ( 60 acres) the co. was doing it for 625$ a week this is 4 a total of 5 different schools totaling 60 acres is this a ....... joke how is this possible? I was figuring about 2,200 per week still little low , any way gust venting. I don't know how it they do it

gaulk
02-14-2005, 07:22 PM
sorry wrong one

Turfcutters Plus
02-14-2005, 07:23 PM
I love this time for hobbies,working on projects around the house,truck maint.,ect....Bored?Not too often.

GTLC
02-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Bored stiff, but we get Dish Network Satelllite installed on Wednesday, 180 channels & DVR

proenterprises
02-14-2005, 07:28 PM
im in school, but am still bored waiting for spring. tommorow its supposed to be in the middle 50's in ct, which should get rid of any of the snow left on the ground. i hate the weather now, it snowed wet for about 2 hours, and now its pouring. i wish it would either be a snowstorm or sunny, none of this messy crap.

i am eager for the weather to be nice again so i can get out and working again, i still need many more lawns for this year. think spring everyone.

HOMER
02-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Beautiful day today and tomorrow should be sunny and near 80. Looks like spring is inching ever closer. Yipppppppeeeeeeefrickindooooddeeeee

desert rose gardening
02-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Hay Sodgod I'm not bored, where I live I work all year thats why I'm in this bissness. Plus I managed to clear a acre, fence, run 3000 feet of drip and plant 1000 seedlings on the Christmass tree farm we where talking about, all in a week! Yes! the high Desert of so California!

lawn_pro
02-15-2005, 04:15 AM
I hate to say it but waiting for the mail is the highlight of my day also.....we might get some snow this weekend, slim chance anyway.