PDA

View Full Version : Getting certified for Handling chemical

Victo
01-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I have a lawn service and doing just mowing at this point. In future I also want to ferterlization and pest control. Here in Florida, requires to have a licence to do this. I am just wondering where do I get this licence or to be certified to handle chemical? Is there any place that teach about lawn care? Thanks.

cemars
01-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I have a lawn service and doing just mowing at this point. In future I also want to ferterlization and pest control. Here in Florida, requires to have a licence to do this. I am just wondering where do I get this licence or to be certified to handle chemical? Is there any place that teach about lawn care? Thanks.

Try checking out the first thread on this site.

DLS1
01-03-2005, 01:04 AM

Email "Ric" from this site. He is in Florida somewhere and seems real knowledgeable. I think he had a thread where he was looking to mentor someone since he is getting way up their in age and thinking about retiring. :D

If you read some of his responses to people he seems like an old cantankerous guy who likes to play mind games for fun but don't worry about him since I think he is trying to use up what is left of his mind. :D :D

Ric
01-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Email "Ric" he seems like an old cantankerous guy who likes to play mind games for fun :D :D

Cantankerous Old Guy???

Well there may be Snow on the mountain but there still fire in the furnace. Reading Your Profile says your not a spring chicken either.

Victo

There are 3 Riverview in Florida. Which one are you?? You just might get lucky if you are in the right one. However Cankerous Old Guys are very demanding.

Now Florida is very hard to get a pest control certification even with the help of a good Mentor. You really have to want it.

Ric
01-03-2005, 12:13 PM
BTW

The Cankerous Old Guy is starting a Pesticide Class Jan 9 at no charge. Successful competition of say classes will merit a part time job as an applicator under the Cankerous Old Guys license. These applicators can also work there own job cutting grass and trimming shrubs etc. However they will have to do all pesticide and fertilization under the Cankerous Old Guys company and be paid for said work which will be billed by the Cankerous Old Guy.

Those unable to pass the Cankerous Old Guys Test at the end of classes, will not get a Opportunity to work toward a Fla CPO. However They may use the knowledge gained in the Cankerous Old Guy's classes to do Limited Pest control on Ornamental and weed control in the planting beds if they can pass the limited Pest Control Exam. In fact those with a Limited Pest Control License might find the Cankerous Old Guy's Classes beneficial.

Green Dreams
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I wish I was in Fla... I'd work for free just to hear you beechin' first hand.

Victo
01-03-2005, 03:26 PM
I am in Riverview, Florida which south of Tampa and Brandon. It's about 7 miles from Tampa. Well can anyobe give me the phone number or contact numer for this cankrouse old guy. I would like attend his class. Thanks pros.

Ric
01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I am in Riverview, Florida which south of Tampa and Brandon. It's about 7 miles from Tampa. Well can anyobe give me the phone number or contact numer for this cankrouse old guy. I would like attend his class. Thanks pros.

Victo

Sorry but you are in the wrong Riverview, Fla. I am not ready to go that far for business at this time. I am looking at the Sarasota south to Ft Myers area. However You are welcome to attend the sermons. The Cantankerous Old Guy's Number is like his like his best advertiser, ANTS (2687) I will PM you the rest of the number.

You might want to check out this website http://www.flaes.org/
Then click on Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control. There you will find the laws regarding Licensing and Certification

Ric
01-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I wish I was in Fla... I'd work for free just to hear you beechin' first hand.

Green Dreams

You might find that people are totally different in person compared to their altar Ego on the Net.

DLS1
01-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Green Dreams

You might find that people are totally different in person compared to their altar Ego on the Net.

Does that apply to your buddy Booby Gelding? :D

I am sure your a softy in person?